Attire & Accessories Forum

NONE of my bridesmaids dresses fit. :(

So, my bridesmaids found a dress they liked online. We took everyone's measurements and ordered based on that. Every girl also sized up one size *just in case.* I ordered them all (they paid me) so we could save on shipping costs. Well, this weekend, they came over to try them on. NONE of them fit.

And I think it's more than a matter of slight alterations. One girl should have been a medium based on her measurements and their size chart. She ordered a large. It didn't fit. She even tried on another girls XL dress and that didn't fit either.

I've emailed the company to see if they will take them back. My issue is that they want matching dresses and we have Rockabilly theme. I can't seem to find a store in the Denver area that we can go to in order to try dresses on.

Suggestions?

Re: NONE of my bridesmaids dresses fit. :(

• This was the original dress:
  • Modcloth? They're online but should have relatively consistent sizing...
  • Also, you might want to try going to a professional for measurements.
  • I second Modcloth. I think they even have reviews that show if a given dress runs small or true to size or whatever.
  • jay788 said:
    Also, you might want to try going to a professional for measurements.

We used one of the bridesmaid's moms who is a seamstress.

• I second Modcloth. I think they even have reviews that show if a given dress runs small or true to size or whatever.
    I went on Modcloth and they have some cute stuff. Thanks!
  • I had my bridesmaids and MOH purchase from Hardley Dangerous on Etsy. Beautiful handmade rockabilly dresses and each of them can have a different arm/strap/sleeve while having the same overall dress. The girls love them and look forward to wearing them long after the wedding is over.

• Try trashydiva.com
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    This website has no brick and mortar store and no telephone contact. What were you thinking?
    Never buy a dress that you have not seen in person.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • scribe95 said:
    Also the Modcloth customer care number is 1 (888) 495-9699
    I think she was talking about the website where OP bought her BM dresses...and it does look a little sketchy.

+1 for modcloth. I also found some cute swing type dresses from zappos last year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Modcloth is great. You can also look at pinupgirlclothing.com. I've ordered from them before and they fit great. Also their customer service is awesome too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    scribe95 said:
    Also the Modcloth customer care number is 1 (888) 495-9699
    Yes, Modcloth HAS a customer care number and a good reputation.  The suspicious website the OP ordered from has no address and no telephone number.  They can only be contacted by e-mail.  Very suspicious!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • i went on said website and it sounds like its a usa based store until it says contact us within 7 days of package received to get a refund or something so maybe its china based english is spot on so its hard to tell 
  • fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2015

CMGragain said:
    This website has no brick and mortar store and no telephone contact. What were you thinking? Never buy a dress that you have not seen in person.

Stuck in boxes:

I'm sorry, but I don't feel like this is helpful. More like you are trying to be the "mean girl." Which, that's cool if that's your schtick, but it does get old after awhile.

A number of places don't have actual stores anymore...it's 2015. And, as I said in my original post, I can't find stores for the dresses in my area. Hence, going online.

As to your other response: That is my fault. The watermark on the picture of the dress is not the actual site I got the dresses from. It was an ad on FB that also happened to have the same dresses. It popped up in my feed that morning and made me think of the dress debacle.

ETC: typo

• In other news, I contacted the company and spoke with the manager. She happily took all of my dresses back and sent new ones. I'm not sure what the deal was, but the new dresses fit and are labeled in the sizes I originally ordered. I'm wondering if they sent me junior sizes the first time or something...
  • @frychk Is there any way you could post the actual site you got them from? I love pin up dresses and I was looking possibly for one for a friend's wedding. You could also PM it to me if you want.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards