Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Historic Venues in NJ or PA?

Hey everyone - looking for historical venue suggests in the Bucks/Montgomery county area (north of Philly) or western NJ. I fell in love with Cairnwood in Bryn Athyn, PA but recently found out that we can't have our ceremony onsite due to a change in their policy. Unfortunately this is a dealbreaker for me. But I am obsessed with the elegant mansion so am looking for some similar venues. I read other threads that mention Aldie Mansion, Pen Ryn, Glen Foerd, Knowlton, etc. but they just aren't as elegant as the french-style that Cairnwood offers. Any other ideas? 

It's hard to find something that doesn't have all dark woods or that barn rustic feel which is a little too country for me. I guess French chateaux are hard to find in the tri-state area!!

Re: Historic Venues in NJ or PA?

• Options
    Have you looked at Merion Tribute House? It's in Montgomery county, but at the other end. Very beautiful!
  • Options
    jtravis16jtravis16 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Thanks @lovevintageglam! That actually came up in one of my searches - very pretty. Wasn't sure if it's too dark inside? I'm so picky about lighting and it being bright and airy and happy. But it's probably worth looking at since people seem to look at it along with Cairnwood!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards