Military Brides

Brother is currently serving our country overseas and will not be able to make it to the weddnig

* I am not a military Bride but I thought i would post it under this Board hoping you folks here may have some ideas!
My Brother is currently serving our country overseas in Afghanistan this is his 7th tour overseas And he is not able to come back for the wedding which he feels extremely bad for and its sad for me as well but hey its life and that's his job/life so I completely understand.

But my brother has had a HUGE impact on my life and I would not be the person I am without him today and I have been trying to think of a way to honor him at my wedding....  Any ideas?

Answers

• If he can see the ceremony via Skype, that might be nice for him. Or have someone record it and email it or send a DVD for him to watch. As far as "honoring," most service members don't want to be "honored" at someone's wedding. Being a part of it in a small way or knowing you made an effort for them to see it would be an honor.

• You could sew one of his name tapes inside of your dress to feel like he's there with you. Or work his unit insignia into your bouquet as a charm or something? I don't know...just throwing out ideas. This way you aren't making a huge deal out of it, but you can let him know it's your way of having him there.
  • Or you could ask him for some pin on rank and  put that in  your bouquet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards