DIY Wedding Forum

Got my centerpieces made this weekend!!!

They are paper flower bouquets in vases. In the vases I have 2 kinds the first one is filled with clear and green half marbles (not sure what they are actually called) and fairy lights. The second kind is filled with white glitter tulle and black tulle and fairy lights. They sit on mirrors and then my venue is providing table numbers and tea lights to go around them. Here are some pictures:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Got my centerpieces made this weekend!!!

• Those are beautiful! Probably one of the best examples paper flowers I have seen. I love the 1/2 marbles (I call them dragon's tears) and fairy light combo. Very cool!
  • SO pretty!  Love them 

• Wow, beautiful! Very nice job!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have a tutorial for the paper roses? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found a bunch just by searching on pinterest but this one was my favorite after a lot of trail and error! 
    I made templates out of cardboard and then traced those onto whatever paper I wanted.

Thank you everyone! Just for reference for anyone considering doing paper flowers I think they look awesome but it's a ton of work. I got really lucky and my mom helped me make a bunch after she had a surgery and wanted something she could do just sitting. I had showed her my templates and told her my plans and the next thing I knew she called and said she'd made like 200! I couldn't have done it without her! I'm hopefully finishing the bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet this weekend!!! Next weekend is the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found a bunch just by searching on pinterest but this one was my favorite after a lot of trail and error! 
    I made templates out of cardboard and then traced those onto whatever paper I wanted.

Thank you everyone! Just for reference for anyone considering doing paper flowers I think they look awesome but it's a ton of work. I got really lucky and my mom helped me make a bunch after she had a surgery and wanted something she could do just sitting. I had showed her my templates and told her my plans and the next thing I knew she called and said she'd made like 200! I couldn't have done it without her! I'm hopefully finishing the bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet this weekend!!! Next weekend is the wedding!
    THANK YOU! I have done a lot of the other flowers that you have in your centerpieces already but I love the roses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another question, what kind of paper did you use? She says just light weight printer paper, did you find that was the best for it or did you go a little heavier? Yours look a little heaver, that is why I am asking :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually used scrapbook paper and I do think it is a little heavier than just normal printer paper. We bought some from those big books of them at Michaels and AC Moore (I'm sure all craft stores have them those are just the two closest to me). They are a great deal when you get a 40% or 50% off coupon. But make sure they aren't cardstock. I accidentally bought a cardstock book for my first one and it was a little too thick. It didn't allow the curls that you put in the roses to look as natural. I'm sure the printer style paper would work fine if that's what you have, I picked the scrapbook paper for the colors and designs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing the same paper flowers. I have been cutting out petals for weeks! I'm worried about the actual putting them together. How hard was it?

• So I did mine a bit differently from the tutorial I posted. As you can see I mixed the roses with the Kusudama flowers (the star looking ones). I found that by starting with the Kusudama flower in the center then surrounding that with roses then putting the kusudama flowers in between those roses was pretty easy. With a hot glue gun I was able to do one of those arrangements by myself in about 10-15 minutes (flowers were pre-assembled). The other way I did them was with the rose in the center then the kusudama flowers around and then more roses in between the kusudama flowers and that was a bit trickier and honestly required two people, one to hold it while the other did gluing because it wasn't stable until it was all together. 

Putting together the flowers is really easy and the most time consuming part as I'm sure you've noticed was just cutting out the petals themselves. After that with wire and a hot glue gun it's fairly straight forward and quick to put them together. I recommend the low temp hot glue gun so you don't burn yourself, though my mother who apparently has no feeling left in her fingers said she was fine with the high temp one. Maybe I'm just a wuss but the high temp one was too hot for me. I had started off trying to use elmers glue and it was just too slow waiting 30 sec or so between each step for it to dry. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing these flowers in red and music note paper. Then I'm doing the little spiral ones.
  • Those are gorgeous!! Great job! :)

This weekend I worked on the bouquets. I haven't finished my own yet but I did finish the boutonnieres, corsages, and bridesmaid bouquets. If I remember I'll try to take pictures tonight. 6 days left, 3 to actually get stuff done because I'm leaving on Saturday and have a commitment on Wednesday... If only I'd learn not to procrastinate...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can't wait to see them!!!

• So I think I've finished my DIYs!!! Woohoo!! Here are some of the flower pictures:
    One of the Bridesmaid Bouquets:image

One of the groomsmen boutonnieres:

One of the corsages: 

The groom's boutonniere: 

Finally my bouquet (made from pages of lord of the rings):
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your flowers look fantastic!
  • Those look great!
  • Do they GLOW?!

@TheFreshwaterDame yes they glow. I used fairy lights in the base of the centerpieces and so they light up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So cute! Great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards