Chit Chat

S/O of Snarky Brides: Wedding Trends

2»

Re: S/O of Snarky Brides: Wedding Trends

• YES my parents have of their faces inside a candle? or something? It's weird as f***

There's also one of my dad with a small one of my mom like he's thinking about her, but also creepy.
    My parents have that one and one where's looking over her while she looks out into the distance.  He also wore PeeWee Herman style white man heels.  My sister and I used to put them on and do the Tequila dance from Big Adventure!
  • Heffalump said:
    banana468 said:
    I remember the awful beta fish trend. And around the time I got married, dresses with tons of pick ups seemed to be really popular.
    The pickup dresses, yes!  DD even had one as a FG dresses.  (It also had a big sash, not sure if it was a butt bow or not because it was never in the same place twice.)

When I was new on Wedding Woes, there were a LOT of "should I give the goldfish from my centerpieces as favors or have the catering staff flush them?" posts.  They were not well-received.
    What the???

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Based on my parents' photos of late-80s weddings:

- puffed sleeves on wedding dresses (I'm assuming Princess Diana's wedding had a big impact)
    - fussy hats or headpieces rather than veils
    - identically-styled bridesmaids in rich coloured shiny satin dresses
    - baby's breath everywhere
  • I remember there was a chick on David Tuterra's wedding show (the one where someone's planning a bizarrely themed wedding and he "classes it up" by spending over a hundred grand and giving them 0 input) that wanted fish for her "under the sea" themed wedding. And she brought out the fish to show him and there were like, little bits of fish poop and food floating in the container. I did not realize this was a real thing?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards