Snarky Brides

NWR: Crowdfunded Wake/Funeral

2»

Re: NWR: Crowdfunded Wake/Funeral

• kmmssg said:

Do you guys know of people who really don't want to be buried anywhere or have a headstone with their name on it?  Seems rampant in my family in this generation!

My dad is almost 70 and has zero desire to be buried or have any kind of headstone. His older sister just passed and she had the same wishes (died at 80 years old). I don't believe my mom wants any burial or headstone (57). Neither H or I wish to be buried - just do as you please with our ashes when we're gone.
    Nobody in my family wants to be buried or have any kind of permanent market like a headstone.  Mom wants us to take some of her ashes with us whenever we travel and leave her places so she can see new things; the running joke in the family is my sister saying that she'll flush mom down the toilet so she can see all sorts of new things!  We don't have funerals or wakes or visitations or whatnot.

• I'm going to be on the sensitive side and say, I'm okay with this. I get that it is cheaper to be cremated, but I also know that people can be super sensitive about their loved one's remains. I don't think this is quite the same as "if we didn't have a sit down dinner, it's not a real marriage." Even a simple funeral with the burial expenses can be quite astronomical and it seems as though the people that actually need life insurance are the ones that are denied it/have difficulty affording it. I'm totally fine as long as it's kept to actual family/friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards