Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Location Ideas

ak1112ak1112 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited October 2015 in Pre-wedding Parties
Thanks for all the input- I've realized I need to quit being so type A and let the maids take it from here!

Re: Bachelorette Location Ideas

• adyakusyk said:
    Hello!
    My maids are spread all over the  country, so rather than asking them all to come to me - we are likely planning a destination bachelorette weekend. 
    However - rather than go to Vegas, I want  to go somewhere where we can rent a house and enjoy each others company while lounging by a pool and cooking meals together. 
    I've looked around Malibu and Los Angeles, but wasn't sure if folks had other ideas.  

The date range for the party is also still in flux due to a potential move for my fiance and I. 

Thanks!
    You don't need our ideas. You need to back off and let your bridesmaids plan this (or not). The only thing you need to worry about is when. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • You shouldn't be involved in planning this. Let someone offer to host and come up with ideas, and then you can make some date suggestions. 
  • Give them potential dates that work for you and then back off.  It is up to them to plan and research places for your bach party (fi they want to plan one), not yours.

• You should not be involved in the planing of your bachelorette party, aside from letting someone know the dates you are available if asked. 
  • It's completely normal amongst my friends for the bride to choose the bachelorette location and then hand it off to be planned with some ideas of what she is generally looking to do.

As far as locations, it really depends how you like to relax. I recently went to a bachelorette in Nashville that was a lot of fun and we stayed at an amazing house that ended up being only $100 per person for the weekend. The town is small so cabs are easy and cheap. There is a ton of great food and activities, especially if you like music and te outdoors.

A few years ago I went to one in Miami, rented a couple apartments and just enjoyed the beach and pool until we we out to dinner and bars that night.

For a more laid back trip, you could do Napa, Sonoma or the central coast. Or you could rent a house in the AZ desert (think Sedona) for more of a spa and hiking getaway.

The Poconos also have a ton of big houses that rent cheap and many have big pools and hot tubs if you want to stay in.
  • It's completely normal amongst my friends for the bride to choose the bachelorette location and then hand it off to be planned with some ideas of what she is generally looking to do. As far as locations, it really depends how you like to relax. I recently went to a bachelorette in Nashville that was a lot of fun and we stayed at an amazing house that ended up being only $100 per person for the weekend. The town is small so cabs are easy and cheap. There is a ton of great food and activities, especially if you like music and te outdoors. A few years ago I went to one in Miami, rented a couple apartments and just enjoyed the beach and pool until we we out to dinner and bars that night. For a more laid back trip, you could do Napa, Sonoma or the central coast. Or you could rent a house in the AZ desert (think Sedona) for more of a spa and hiking getaway. The Poconos also have a ton of big houses that rent cheap and many have big pools and hot tubs if you want to stay in.
    I don't understand this. What if no one offers to throw a bachelorette? What if the location that the bride chooses isn't affordable to anyone? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards