Wedding Woes

How weird is it

ValentynaValentyna member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited October 2015 in Wedding Woes
That I remembered how to log in to this site? I haven't even had the same email address for almost a decade.

It's good to see you all here. I popped in on a whim; I was actually thinking of someone from here that I know is still missed. Not sure exactly what brought that to mind, but it led me to peek in.

So anyway, hello! Hope you're all doing well and I have missed you.

Re: How weird is it

• Hi!  How great to see you - how's life in your world?
  • Hi Val. Good to see you. How's the family?
  • YAY!  I love when people come back!  I hope you're doing well.  :D
  • Hi! Everyone is good - well nearly everyone. My MIL has cancer and we don't know that she'll last much longer, as we found out last night. She's a wonderful woman and I wish I'd had more time with her. Sorry to start with this down news, it's weighing on my heart this morning.

Aside from that, my family is quite well. Three of our kids own their own homes now, one of those three is married. My 22yo hasn't decided what to be yet, so she's working two jobs and living at home. My youngest is off at NAU studying biomedical science.

DH and I are closing in on nine years now and he still makes my heart melt so I guess that's a good sign. It's all gone by in a flash.

I see there are lots of little ones in your families, anyone up for giving me a quick rundown? I'd love to hear their ages and stages and how you're all doing.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2015
    The kiddo is 14 and a freshman in HS. He's a typical teen, so mostly driving me bonkers with moments that give me hope for his future.  

DefConn is 4.5 now and full of sass.  He's my little snuggle buddy and tells me daily how I'm the 'best mommy in the world'.  I think it's all a ruse to get more candy or trucks.  It works sometimes. 

DH and I are coming up on 9 years as well.  

Our biggest thing in the last year is moving to new (to us) house a year ago. It's on over an acre of land and is almost 40 years old.   We have remodeling plans, but it all keeps getting sidelined by issues that come with an older home that didn't have anyone living in it full time for years.  Plumbing and water issues are the bane of my existence, but I think we ((fingers crossed)) are finally seeing the light at end of that shitshow tunnel.  
  • Sorry about your MIL.  That's tough.  :( 
  • Sorry about your MIL, but it sounds like everything else is going well.

6let- 7 years old and in 1st.  He's a rule follower generally a good kid.

M2-4.5.  Sweet and smart as a whip.  She's already showing natural athlete

Max- almost 3.  Let's just say it's a good thing he's cute.  He's a daredevil and smart, but makes very bad choices.

• Thanks! Sounds like you're busy in the best kind of way. Gracious how did kids get so old? Wedding Woes DIY still going on then!
  • So amazing somehow to see you guys with entire families now; most were still couples when I stopped dropping by. I know PMeg has two cuties from seeing her occasionally on Facebook.
  • Well, hey there!  Your kids are so grown!  You've been married so long!  I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.

DH and I have also been married 9 years now, we're starting to talk about how to celebrate our 10th.  I think I had DD when you were still here?  She's in first grade now, and DS just turned two.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    Still sans children by choice.

2 dogs, 2 cats.  Still same career, been in job 4 years.  Crazily levels of community involvement.  DH is back in school right now.  Same house.  Married 12 years this December.
  • Hello!

Yes two kids, and I do think they are the cutest kids in the world (although one is not so cute right now as he's crying over the fact he can't draw some Star Wars character). Married 9 years next month, same job for the last 4 1/2 years although part of me is getting antsy for a change. We move about 2 months ago to the house we plan to live in for the next however many years (at least until the kids move out), but I might burn it to the ground because we have a scorpion problem.
  • Hi Val, sorry about your MIL. 

DK and I have been married for 9 years (today) and have a 4yo daughter (she'll be 5 in November). We moved to Houston about 5 years ago and love it here. 
  • No kids here.  Same job and same DH.  We have been married 9 years as well.  Living the dream!
  • So good to hear about your families, fur or otherwise.  I tried to come back yesterday but time got away from me as it usually does.  

My niece just came in from Indiana last night.  She's never been to the Southwest so we're taking her on the grand tour from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon up through Sedona and Flagstaff and then back down through Jerome, stopping in at Montezuma's Castle on the way.  I'm desperately shuffling paper here at work so I can leave early tomorrow for the whirlwind round trip.  Tonight, dinner at Gertrude's at the Desert Botanical Gardens, including DH's kids and one of mine.  It's tax time so my son can't join us tonight and my youngest is up at NAU; we'll pick her up on the way to the GC tomorrow.  This kid is 21, I'm hoping DH and I don't bore her to death.  

Also, Happy Belated Anniversary Barbie!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards