Wedding Woes

Thursday!! :)

It's almost the end of the week. WOO!

DefConn made me call my sister last night to ask if he can come see his new cousin.  He's so sweet. I love how excited he is. I don't think we're going to be able to head over there until Sunday.  

I am making my first beef stew of the season.  :D  I need to go to the store and get some crusty bread. 

I think I'm going to have to turn the heat on this weekend. I'm getting freeze warning alerts. Thank goodness I have a new pair of fuzzy boots to keep my toes warm.  ;) 

Re: Thursday!! :)

• I'm feeling kinda crummy/off today, so i might call it a day and take my laptop home at lunch. i had to run a meeting this morning, but i cancelled the rest of my in-person meetings for today, so there's really no legitimate reason to stay in the office. 
  • DefConn is so super sweet.  :)

DS was in a mood this morning.  Taking his shoes off made him mad.  Putting them on made him mad.  Being denied Oreos made him so mad he tried to fling himself down and literally fell on his face.  Which definitely made him mad.  He slept well, so I can't blame tiredness.  I guess we've entered the Toddlers Are A**holes phase of the Terrible Twos.

I'm glad it's Thursday, but I still can't wait for Friday.

Oh, and Val's visit sent me down the rabbit hole yesterday--I clicked her name to see what she'd been up to, since I was on and off and our WW time didn't always line up.  Some of her posts had Ww responses, so I clicked on Ww and...man.  I knew she was funny, but I hadn't seen those posts in years and they were still making me snort.  Her MIL...SMH.

I got to one that was "Thank goodness I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so he can fix whatever is going on with me lately" and was too sad to go on, though.  Still sucks, years later.  Like, super-extra-heavy-duty-extremely sucks.
  • All of the building materials are here!

The kids are off school tomorrow so it sort of feels like Friday.  Not sure if DH is taking tomorrow off or not.

SIL just posted that her 2ish month old granddaughter has whooping cough. 

• 6fsn said:

:(  That's terrible.  I hope it's not too severe. 
  • 6fsn said:

poor baby. hopefully she'll recover quickly. 
    anti-vaxxers win again... 
  • I slept horribly last night- and I'm feeling it. I had a meeting at 8 am and I ended up rescheduling it because I'm just too tired and feeling worn out from being sick.

I need it to be Friday after 5 pm.

• Is it terrible that I also wonder if it's not just a cough?  Grandma is a drama llama and all.  Grandma also balks at any vaccines for herself- she had a go round with HR about not having 2 days in a row off for a flu vaccine (she's a special snowflake that needs 2 days off.
  • 6fsn said:
    Is it terrible that I also wonder if it's not just a cough?  Grandma is a drama llama and all.  Grandma also balks at any vaccines for herself- she had a go round with HR about not having 2 days in a row off for a flu vaccine (she's a special snowflake that needs 2 days off.
    ...what? people get time off for getting a flu shot? why the fuck is my company not doing this?! I went to the nurse, got my shot, and went to my next meeting. i feel cheated!
  • @6fsn - Oh no, I hope she is ok :(

@*Barbie* - I'm jealous you get go home haha

@mrs.conn23 - I want cool weather. We have a high of 96 with thunderstorms in the area.

Friday can't come fast enough. I feel so blah today. One of my main programs for work isn't working today. I've had enough of it. I want to go home, cuddle with my cat and watch all my shows I have on my DVR.

Last night was the my Women with Willpower (WWW) meeting. Always lots of fun. I won a Halloween wine glass, it so cute! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She doesn't actually get time off but only wants to get it when she has 2 days to recover. She and Bil are wimps
  • 6fsn said:
    She doesn't actually get time off but only wants to get it when she has 2 days to recover. She and Bil are wimps
    So what happens if a mosquito bites her, is she bedridden for a week?
  • recover from what?

what happens if she gets a hangnail?
  • Well there was a huge fb post about prayers needed and family is so important and you never know wHt life will bring. She was checked in at a surgical center so everyone was freaking out. Bil had an ingrown toenail
  • @6fsn - Oh wow... That's a little intense.

Just got back from an errand for work... The snowbirds are back, dundundun!!! *runs away screaming and crying* 

• Yep, snowbirds arriving here too. My commute has lengthened by more than half now. Get off my damn road, people!
  • I saw a 40 ft motorhome towing a 25-30 ft trailer, in the fast lane going 20 below the speed limit. As I passed it, I looked in my side mirror to see one of those huge stuffed white tigers in the front window and the couple driving looked like they were going to fall over dead. Thank goodness they were just driving through and headed to Parker.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards