May 2016 Weddings

7 months to go! Where are you taking your honeymoon?

Hi Knotties!

With 7 months to go until the wedding day, now is the perfect time to start thinking about your honeymoon plans! The best way to get the most bang for your honeymoon buck is to shop around and plan ahead, so it’s best to nail down your plans soon.

Are you taking a honeymoon right after the wedding? Or are you waiting a few days, weeks, even a year? Tell us below. (And don’t forget to tell us where!)

Don’t forget to check the rest of your to-dos.

Re: 7 months to go! Where are you taking your honeymoon?

• 7 months from Wednesday!  We have just started making honeymoon plans and we think we are going to spend a couple of days in California (maybe Napa) and then about 10 days in Hawaii.  We are planning to leave either Sunday night or Monday after the wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @laurad75 That sounds like an amazing honeymoon!!
  • Booked for a glorious week at Sandals Ochi in Jamaica, just have to book airfare once Southwest opens dates for May at the end of the month. So excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @aj051416 Jamaica will be SO relaxing!! Congrats on having everything almost finalized!
  • We're waiting a week after the wedding to leave so we can perform in our Ukrainian dance recital! We will be heading to spend 3 weeks in Croatia
  • edited October 2015
    @aj051416 That's where we want to go! May 16-22...we haven't book because we wanted a room with a private pool and someone has it on ONLY Tuesday of that week...what. Was that YOU? :P Just kidding!
  • @HedgehogMama2016, where are you going in Croatia? We haven't booked anything yet, but we're most likely going to do France and Croatia... just not sure where to go in Croatia or how much time to allow as we've never been (but fiance is of Croatian heritage and can speak the language, so that will be fun)
  • @HedgehogMama2016 - that sounds awesome!! I've never seen a Ukrainian dance recital, does that have any relation to the wedding, or something you're involved in?

@Knottie1432754862 - Lol! I hope you get that private pool!

@sugar005 - France and Croatia sounds like it's going to be an amazing trip! Have you been before?
  • @sugar005 - Right now we're planning a bit of a tour around... Nothing is set in stone yet, but the draft looks something like: Dubrovnik, Mljet, Hvar, Split, Zadar, Pula, Rovinj, Zagreb, and Plitvice Lakes, spread over 3 weeks. Spending 2 or 3 nights in each place. 

@knotriley My FI and I take Ukrainian dance classes every week and have a performance with our whole studio the weekend after our wedding- not related to the wedding at all. However, the reason we signed up to do the classes this year was so that I could learn some fancy Ukrainian dance moves for the K
    olomyika that takes place at the wedding! My FI and his siblings all grew up in Ukrainian dance so they and lots of guests will be ready to hit the floor, but it is new to me. The Kolomyika is a special dance at the reception where the guests form a circle and performers jump into the middle of the circle and show off their moves and tricks (of course in the Ukrainian cultural dance style). This is an old picture now, but one of my favourites! It's my FI (in the yellow pants) in a newspaper in Ireland. They took his photo while they were performing there. This is an example of the kinds of tricks and dance moves they might jump in and do! 

• @HedgehogMama2016 that looks so cool!! And that's so awesome you're taking classes and learning the dances, best of luck with the Kolomyika and the performance!
  • @Knottie1432754862 - We're going the 16-23 and couldn't afford the private pool suites, so wasn't us! We have butler suite and a pool we share with a few other couples with a terrace view or something like that. I just can't wait to get away for a week!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards