Nevada-Las Vegas

Having second thoughts

edited October 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Reassure me that Todd/Bently & Wilson's photos are awesome and I have nothing to worry about.

I'm also worried about the MUA, since I haven't been able to see a whole lot from the girls I might potentially be getting instead of Bri herself.

Ugh. We're only eloping, I shouldn't be worrying about this stuff!

Re: Having second thoughts

• Been there, done that. I totally freaked out about Todd a couple weeks before too. Twinsies!!!

I'm still waiting for my photos, but the ones he sent back were awesome! And he is a great person to spend the day with. He also really knows the Vegas strip, which is very important if you're doing any sort of trip photos.

I honestly think you'll be fine, but if you're nervous you can book another shoot with another photographer too. I actually found a photographer on Groupon to take photos of us at Red Rock. They turned out awesome and they're a little different style than Todd's so it's a nice difference. 
  • We're only there for a few days and I have Todd booked from 230-630 and we're getting married at the Office of Civil Marriages at 315. I don't think I would book an additional photo shoot as we don't want to spend a lot of money.

It's just I see pictures that are amazing, and then ones that are not so amazing. Like, a totally different person (which I know is not the case). Ugh.
  • I found my photographer on Groupon for $35 and my pictures turned out really well! We did a 2-hour shoot at Red Rock. I didn't want to spend a lot of money either.

Don't forget those lovely photos you are looking at are gonna cost a lot too. 

Honestly I think you'll love them. BUT remember if you absolutely hate them, it's easy to go back to Vegas and redo them. But seriously I think you will love them!
  • From my experiences that I have had with Bri so far, the one thing that I have noticed is she is very receptive to any questions I may have had for her.  She even went out of her way to give me her cell phone number so I could just text her instead of emailing.  Have you tried asking Bri for any photos of work the other girls that she works with have done? I am sure she would be more than willing to give you some to help ease your mind a bit.
  • adverb said:

I found my photographer on Groupon for $35 and my pictures turned out really well! We did a 2-hour shoot at Red Rock. I didn't want to spend a lot of money either.

Don't forget those lovely photos you are looking at are gonna cost a lot too. 

Honestly I think you'll love them. BUT remember if you absolutely hate them, it's easy to go back to Vegas and redo them. But seriously I think you will love them!
    I know, you're right! I'm sure it will be fine!
  • We just got our photos back from Todd this weekend, and they turned out well. We love them! My only complaint is that a few of the 4x6 prints are a bit off-center.

As I mentioned before in my prior review, he's not a super artsy photographer, so if you're looking for something really creative, you will have to give him specific direction. He certainly seemed game to do whatever you ask of him. However, he took lots of great shots for us in beautiful locations. He really does know his way around the properties and is an absolute pleasure to work with.

For the price, he would be hard to beat.

• @violet555 - would you mind sharing some of them? I agree that for the price he is hard to beat.

Is there anyone else who does 4 hour packages? I want someone who is equally familiar with the Strip and such...I think I'm way overthinking this.
  • We're only there for a few days and I have Todd booked from 230-630 and we're getting married at the Office of Civil Marriages at 315.

Hey! We're getting married there in two days, at 3:00 pm!
  • I still have to make our appointment. I should probably take care of that soon!
  • I can attest that Todd was EXTREMELY accommodating. I had an American Girl doll dressed up in the same dress I was, and not only did he work with us to get some great shots, but he carried her around in his bag when we had to impromptu take a taxi.

Pretty much any shot I asked him to take he was "down for". I agree he may not be the most artistic photographer, but I have heard stories of other more artistic photogs being more "jerky".

• I went through all his photos on fb on my lunch break, and I think I'm going to stick with him. I'm sure he'll be amazing. I'll touch base with him before we head to Vegas and give him some examples of what we want based on other photos we have seen.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I'm an overthinker and was letting it get the best of me.
  • Your doll photos are AMAZING, @adverb. You have to share them with your reviews!

Knotty, your photos will be on point. Trust me! Pre-wedding vendor freak-outs are totally normal.
  • Just got my photos back from Todd and I love them. The bigger issue is how goofy my face looks in these pictures.

We're our own worst critics, right ladies? ;)
  • My partner can't smile on demand for toffee he always looks really random but that's a talking point in our family and will make our wedding photos unique to us so I'm sure your wedding pics are gorgeous :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards