Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Venue

We are trying to decide between two venues the first venue is a hotel. The ceremony option is indoors.
The cocktail hour is on the terrace they do allow ceremonies on the terrace anymore because of unpredictable weather and the reception would be in the ball room.

The second option is in a garden where we can  have the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. If  it rain the indoor option is a stairwell where all the guests have to stand.I have attached the pictures. Which would you do?

Re: Reception Venue

• We are trying to decide between two venues the first venue is a hotel. The ceremony option is indoors.
    The

cocktail hour is on the terrace they do allow ceremonies on the terrace
    anymore because of unpredictable weather and the reception would be in
    the ball room.

The second option is in a garden where we can  have the
    ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. If  it rain the indoor option is a
    stairwell where all the guests have to stand.I have attached the
    pictures. Which would you do?

Option 1 because you can't predict the weather and it's not OK to make people stand for your ceremony. Also I think it's prettier anyway.
    *********************************************************************************

It is not ok to make your guests stand, and if you live in an area where the whether is that unpredictable that the first venue refuses to do outdoors any more, then you should take that as a sign that the scenario had a very good chance of happening and that should be what you base your planning on.
  • I also vote for Option 1. Guests need to have seats for the ceremony. And Option 1 looks amazing!!!
  • 1.  I think it's prettier also

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Option 1 is the former Hotel 71 right? I looked there and while we didn't ultimately choose it, that's an amazing place to have a wedding. Logistically it's also easier to plan there than the Art Museum. 

That stairwell photo reminds me of Escher's drawing.

• @ thisismynickname Yes, it was formerly Hotel 71 was there a reason you didnt choose it?
  • Option 1. It is not OK to expect guests to stand.
  • @ thisismynickname Yes, it was formerly Hotel 71 was there a reason you didnt choose it?
    Replied in PM :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards