Wedding Party

BM Problem

So my wedding is in a year and I have selected all of my bridesmaids and am really excited! We went dress shopping two weeks ago and fell in love with the perfect bridesmaids dress in the perfect color to match my vision wedding. The only problem is that the dress only comes in sizes 1, 3 and 5 and one of my bridesmaid is a size 16! Is it too much to ask my BM to lose some weight before the wedding to fit into a size 5? I just don’t see another option at this point than to kick her out of the bridal party if she can’t wear the dress. I would love to still have her participate in my wedding though. Maybe she can watch the cake during the ceremony?

Re: BM Problem

• This can NOT be real.. I call MUD, and if it is real I have no words for you. Everything about this is terrible!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So my wedding is in a year and I have selected all of my bridesmaids and am really excited! We went dress shopping two weeks ago and fell in love with the perfect bridesmaids dress in the perfect color to match my vision wedding. The only problem is that the dress only comes in sizes 1, 3 and 5 and one of my bridesmaid is a size 16! Is it too much to ask my BM to lose some weight before the wedding to fit into a size 5? I just don’t see another option at this point than to kick her out of the bridal party if she can’t wear the dress. I would love to still have her participate in my wedding though. Maybe she can watch the cake during the ceremony?
    I thought you weren't officially asking bridesmaids until March?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So my wedding is in a year and I have selected all of my bridesmaids and am really excited! We went dress shopping two weeks ago and fell in love with the perfect bridesmaids dress in the perfect color to match my vision wedding. The only problem is that the dress only comes in sizes 1, 3 and 5 and one of my bridesmaid is a size 16! Is it too much to ask my BM to lose some weight before the wedding to fit into a size 5? I just don’t see another option at this point than to kick her out of the bridal party if she can’t wear the dress. I would love to still have her participate in my wedding though. Maybe she can watch the cake during the ceremony?
    I thought you weren't officially asking bridesmaids until March?
    Well if she asks this friend to lose weight it will give the girl plenty of time to do so before she is officially asked.  Then if said friend doesn't lose the weight, OP isn't stuck with her fat ass ruining her wedding.  I mean pictures and wedding vision is greater then a persons feelings.

• As a street size 16, Bridesmaid dress size 22, I recommend you request your bridesmaid lose enough weight to get down to a size 5 before your wedding.  This way she can dump your ass as a friend and involve herself in people and activities that don't involve narcissistic assholes.
  • So my wedding is in a year and I have selected all of my bridesmaids and am
    really excited! We went dress shopping two weeks ago and fell in love with the
    perfect bridesmaids dress in the perfect color to match my vision wedding. The
    only problem is that the dress only comes in sizes 1, 3 and 5 and one of my
    bridesmaid is a size 16! Is it too much to ask my BM to lose some weight before
    the wedding to fit into a size 5? I just don’t see another option at this point
    than to kick her out of the bridal party if she can’t wear the dress. I would
    love to still have her participate in my wedding though. Maybe she can watch the
    cake during the ceremony?
    Seriously? I just can't, this is MUD!!!
    No fucking way this is real.  Uh uh.

I call MUD/Trolling.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Your attempt at humor or irony is as lame as your trolling efforts.
  • So my wedding is in a year and I have selected all of my bridesmaids and am
    really excited! We went dress shopping two weeks ago and fell in love with the
    perfect bridesmaids dress in the perfect color to match my vision wedding. The
    only problem is that the dress only comes in sizes 1, 3 and 5 and one of my
    bridesmaid is a size 16! Is it too much to ask my BM to lose some weight before
    the wedding to fit into a size 5?
    I just don’t see another option at this point
    than to kick her out of the bridal party if she can’t wear the dress. I would
    love to still have her participate in my wedding though. Maybe she can watch the
    cake during the ceremony?
    To the bolded: yes, it's too much to ask.

Watching your cake during the ceremony? In what universe do you really think that not only kicking her out over something she has no control over but asking her for something so stupid will make her want to continue her friendship with you, let alone even attend (forget "being involved in") your wedding?
    MUD. Nobody is this much of a cuntwaffle.
    This is my new favorite word.
  • Well, wait guys, you know, many people have had cake issues at their weddings. Watching over the cake during the ceremony so it doesn't melt, or kids don't stick their fingers in it, or the caterers don't drop it or anything... This needs to be a real wedding job. 

• This would have been a lot less trolly and more people would have taken the bait if the size difference was like maybe 2 sizes. Next time make her a size 8 and you'll get the responses you want, troll OP.

I can't imagine someone this stupid and self centered as to think someone can lose 1/2 their body weight just to fit into a shitty bridesmaid dress. Please don't give me anecdotes about people this awful, I want to keep my faith in humanity, thank you :P
  • I so didn't realise that making your BMs lose half their body weight was totally a thing. I need to get my girls on this right now. 'Cause you know, pictures!
  • There's always lypsosuction, if she truly loved you she would get major surgery, am I right?

• There's always lypsosuction, if she truly loved you she would get major surgery, am I right?

Liposuction can really only help most people lose 10-20 pounds at most.  This hippo needs to lose way more than that.  Clearly mandated bariatric surgery is the only way to go here.  OP, if your friend really supports you she'll totally subject herself to dangerous and life-changing surgery so that your day can be just PERFECT!

Liposuction can really only help most people lose 10-20 pounds at most.  This hippo needs to lose way more than that.  Clearly mandated bariatric surgery is the only way to go here.  OP, if your friend really supports you she'll totally subject herself to dangerous and life-changing surgery so that your day can be just PERFECT!
    But in order to not hurt her feelings, frame it as you being worried about her health and fitting into the BM dress you chose is just an added benefit/motivation! She'll totally see what a kind, thoughtful, loving friend you are.
    ~*~*~*~*~

But in order to not hurt her feelings, frame it as you being worried about her health and fitting into the BM dress you chose is just an added benefit/motivation! She'll totally see what a kind, thoughtful, loving friend you are.
    But wouldn't having a fat BM be a good thing?  I mean it will just make you look that much tinier and isn't that what all brides want?  To be the best looking one there?

But wouldn't having a fat BM be a good thing?  I mean it will just make you look that much tinier and isn't that what all brides want?  To be the best looking one there?
    A little chubby is fine (makes you look thinner) but a whale? Oh hell no. Don't you realize pictures are forever?!
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards