Just Engaged and Proposals

Im Engaged .... Now What ?!?!

Hello everyone,

Im a first time engaged woman, and I am so excited but so nervous since I am not sure where to start. I recently got engaged to my fiancé on Tuesday. We are talking about having our wedding in April 2017 or Late September Early October 2017 depending on pricing. I am not sure where to start.

Please, any advice please let me know! It is still so surreal!!!!

Thank you for all the support and help in advanced1!

Re: Im Engaged .... Now What ?!?!

• Discuss the type of wedding you would like to have, set a budget, make a potential guest list, start looking for venues that meet your needs. Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congrats!

And exactly what @Addiecake said in that exact order! Remember also that those who pay have a say, so if any family offers (key word offer) to help, they are also entitled to an opinion but at the same time you shouldn't count on that money until it's in your hand. Also, plan for 100% attendance and on your original guest list give all singles a plus one because you never know who will be in a relationship then that aren't now.

And finally, read as much as possible here! These ladies know how to throw a good, properly hosted party, and will make sure you do too!
  • First, breathe!

You have plenty of time to plan. Plenty. So, first take time for you and your fiance to think about, and agree upon, what kind of wedding you want. Second, before you do anything else, come up with your budget (and potentially a savings plan too, since you have a long time). Third, before you do anything else, come up with your guest list.

Your budget and guest list will drive all other decisions. Once those are settled, you can search for an affordable venue (including ceremony space, making sure if you have a church wedding that the timeline works well for the reception space), catering, etc. 

• Budget.  Budget dictates all :)

Come up with a budget, then set your guest list.  Once you have those two items, start looking for venues so you can book one, and then voila- you'll have your date!  And then go from there... 

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards