New Hampshire

Atkinson Country Club

Hi Everyone.  My fiance (WHOA) and I got engaged on Saturday.  We are only interested in the Atkinson Country Club as our venue and are going to check it out on Friday.  Has anyone gotten married there?  Any suggestions/advice?  Were you happy that you had your wedding/reception there?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Atkinson Country Club

• Congratulations!

My brother was married there about 5 years ago. Overall, I think he was happy with it. They had an area for all of the bridesmaids to get ready beforehand which I really liked. The gazebo area was pretty, however, the walkway was a bit steep with my heels on. I would have preferred to walk on a flat area. They have/had an area with a pond where we took some photos. I briefly considered it for my own upcoming wedding. If you need specifics, I would be happy to ask him!
  • We looked at that venue.  It was very pretty; however, it is such a popular place that we felt like we were being herded like cattle through the meeting with the sales office.  We felt that they were very strict and almost snobby/rude, so we decided to book elsewhere.  If they were treating us like that on a day they were trying to GET our business, then how would they treat us on the big day?  (Not taking that chance--not worth it).  Good customer service and making you feel valued is important.
  • We checked out ACC as a possible venue.  Pricing was right for us as we are having a winter wedding (they offered great discounts) but the space itself felt somewhat impersonal.  Rooms are quite large with high ceilings and just felt too big.  We were not going to be allowed on the decks or the grounds (except for the gazebo area) as it was winter.  We decided on a different venue that fit our wants/needs better.  Hope this helps.  I will mention that working with Jennifer was a great experience, not rushed and all questions answered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards