Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged, but I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding!

Hello ladies (and gents)!  So my (then) boyfriend/(now) fiance proposed me to a week ago and I've been high on adrenaline telling my coworkers and staring at the new sparkling ring on my finger!

I've been refraining from making any announcements via social media or to any friends because I wanted to bask in this moment for myself for a bit. My fiance had a hidden photographer during the proposal and I just got some of the photos back. I'm so eager to share! Problem is, I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding (about 7 months away) and her engagement party is next month. 

My question is... would it be rude or inconsiderate of me to announce my engagement right before her engagement party? Since I'm one of her bridesmaids, I don't want her to feel like I'm trying to steal the limelight.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Re: Just engaged, but I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding!

• Hello ladies (and gents)!  So my (then) boyfriend/(now) fiance proposed me to a week ago and I've been high on adrenaline telling my coworkers and staring at the new sparkling ring on my finger!

I've been refraining from making any announcements via social media or to any friends because I wanted to bask in this moment for myself for a bit. My fiance had a hidden photographer during the proposal and I just got some of the photos back. I'm so eager to share! Problem is, I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding (about 7 months away) and her engagement party is next month. 

My question is... would it be rude or inconsiderate of me to announce my engagement right before her engagement party? Since I'm one of her bridesmaids, I don't want her to feel like I'm trying to steal the limelight.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!
    No one should be expected to put their life on hold because something is happening in someone else's life. It would not be rude or inconsiderate for you to announce your engagement. If your friend is upset, that's her issue, not yours.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • The only time I would consider it rude or AW of a person to announce their engagement would be like right in the middle of a wedding.  Other then that announce whenever you want.  Just because your  friend is getting married in 7 months doesn't mean that your life needs to be put on hold.

• I wouldn't announce it at her party, but I see nothing wrong with announcing it before at some point.  I'd also recommend calling/texting/facebooking/emailing (whatever your normal means of communication is) with anyone close enough to tell in person.  
  • Just how "right before" are we talking about?  I'd side-eye it if you said it as you and another bridesmaid were walking into the party.  But otherwise, go for it!
  • Basically OP, just don't walk into the party and yell "I AM ENGAGED!!!"

• I think it depends on what you mean by "right before" the party? Day of the party? I would say maybe refrain, but a week before the party I see no issue. I also think you should tell her before you announce it, you're close enough to be her bridesmaid, so I think she would appreciate a call about your exciting news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I do not understand why you don't want to tell people that you are engaged right now.  I wanted to tell everybody when I was engaged.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Announce it any time other than actually at the party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Her engagement party is next month. You have more than enough time for you to announce your engagement NOW and for her to accept it and be happy for you. You shouldn't have to hide your engagement. Go out to lunch or something and tell her. She gets her day and you get yours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards