Moms and Maids
Options

Hair & Makeup Troubles

I'm having quite the predicament about what to do with the hair & makeup situation. My future mother-in-law wants to take care of my hair & makeup for the wedding--she has a usual stylist that she goes to for everything. My own mother doesn't have a usual stylist, so I'm all for the idea. However, she only offered to take herself, myself, & her mother. Didn't offer to take my mother or bridesmaids. I'm unsure what I should do. My five bridesmaids are all saying that we all have to spend the entire morning together. One of them want to use this stylist, another one want to use another stylist, & the others want to just do it all themselves, but I want a professional to do my hair & makeup. My mother is also highly suggesting that I have my sister do my hair & makeup. I'm really at a loss of what I should do. Everyone's telling me this & that, saying I HAVE to pay for them if I want to go to a salon, but I don't have the money to pay for them all. I've never been a bridesmaid before, so I truly have no insight on the matter, nor do I ever wear makeup or know how to even fix my own hair.
Any suggestions or insight would be much appreciated.

Re: Hair & Makeup Troubles

• Options
    What do you want to do? You can have someone do your hair and make up while the others don't have to have theirs done. You can tell them if they want to have it done it costs X amount and they are responsible for paying for it (as long as you aren't requiring them to have it done). You all don't have to spend the entire morning together - that is the wedding industry thing getting in the way. Decide what works best for you, your budget and your wedding party (mothers included).
  • Options
    No, you don't have to spend the whole morning together. You don't have to pay for anyone's hair, unless you're requiring them to have it done by a professional.

Ask your FMIL if her hairstylist would be able to do your moms hair and what the charge would be. 

• Options
    You should do whatever you're most comfortable with regarding hair and makeup and have your bridesmaids do what they want. If you are not requiring them to get theirs done professionally, you don't have to pay for it. It's their choice and their dime.

You also do not need to spend the entire morning of the wedding with your bridesmaids. Just because that's in every wedding movie doesn't mean every bride has to do it. My maid of honor came over to the house after I was already dressed, and we had plenty of time for pictures, etc. before going to the venue.
  • Options
    Do you want to use this particular stylist? If so I would ask them what prices are for hair and makeup for the other women. You can email your bridesmaids and let them know you are going to X salon and if they would like to join you its 50 for hair, 50 for makeup and let you know by december 14th so you can make the appointment.

You can also decline FMILs offer

• Options
    Compromise with your BMs if they want to spend the morning together. Go get your hair and make up done and then meet them for lunch get get dressed together.

I agree with others about finding a way to include your mom.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'm having quite the predicament about what to do with the hair & makeup situation. My future mother-in-law wants to take care of my hair & makeup for the wedding--she has a usual stylist that she goes to for everything. My own mother doesn't have a usual stylist, so I'm all for the idea. However, she only offered to take herself, myself, & her mother. Didn't offer to take my mother or bridesmaids. I'm unsure what I should do. My five bridesmaids are all saying that we all have to spend the entire morning together. One of them want to use this stylist, another one want to use another stylist, & the others want to just do it all themselves, but I want a professional to do my hair & makeup. My mother is also highly suggesting that I have my sister do my hair & makeup. I'm really at a loss of what I should do. Everyone's telling me this & that, saying I HAVE to pay for them if I want to go to a salon, but I don't have the money to pay for them all. I've never been a bridesmaid before, so I truly have no insight on the matter, nor do I ever wear makeup or know how to even fix my own hair.

-----------------------------------------

If you want your hair and make-up done professionally, then do just that. Nobody can make you have someone else do it, or tell you what stylist to use.

Bridesmaids typically pay for their own hair and make-up unless you require them to have it done in a specific way.

• Options

-----------------------------------------

If you want your hair and make-up done professionally, then do just that. Nobody can make you have someone else do it, or tell you what stylist to use.

Bridesmaids typically pay for their own hair and make-up unless you require them to have it done in a specific way.

No, unless you require they have it done professionally.  If they can choose to do their own hair and make up then you don't have to pay for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards