Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Sending STD's in circles

We're looking at sending STD's in late January to our immediate family and OOT VIPs.

We know that not everyone needs a STD and everyone who receives a STD must be invited.

My question is, should I send them in circles?  For example, I have close girlfriends who live out of town in the same circle as my girlfriends who live locally.  Should I send the STD's to the whole group since they all talk so there's no one wondering why they didn't get one also?

Re: Sending STD's in circles

• Options
    I would.    At least in my family when things like STDs and invites are received there is some sort of communication hotline going on. "OMG, did you see how cute the STD's are?", blah, blah.

The mail doesn't delivery everything on the same day, but withing a week or so everyone should have received them.   It would be strange for some people get some thing a while after everyone else (baring any issues from the USPS).  It could be seen as an afterthought, b-listing, etc.  Even if it's not the intention.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Yes, I would. If they are in the same group, you know they will talk. I'd be afraid that the local freinds, in that particular group, might think you B-listed them when they get their invitations.

• Options
    Thanks ladies, that's what I thought too, it's just always good to have back up;).
  • Options
    If you're going to invite them all, then yes, it's appropriate to send save-the-dates to everyone in the circle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards