Destination Weddings Discussions

Royal Holiday Trap - beware

Warning re: Royal Holiday. We wish we had been warned! My husband and I got sucked into buying a membership with Royal Holiday while on our honeymoon in Punta Cana and later discovered how many negative reports and problems people have had with this company. They are based out of Mexico so honeymooners going to Mexico and Dominican etc should be warned not to get trapped. We are going through a nightmare trying to cancel our contract with them (as many others are also experiencing)! Our wonderful honeymoon experience has now been tainted by dealing with this company. Here is a link if you want to check out our complaint and others. If you search online you will see how many people consider this company a scam. Hoping to save others, especially honeymooners, from being trapped in such a horrible situation. Here is the URL to our complaint.
http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/…/2015/OCT/complaint50932.cfm
The more views hopefully the more pressure on this company.Thanks everyone!

Re: Royal Holiday Trap - beware

• You've already posted about this here. The bottom line is you signed up for something you couldn't afford. Maybe you should have read all the fine print and done some research before you signed the contract. I highly doubt more views on your complaint is going to change the fact that you signed a contract with this company. 
  • I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give much credibility to a site that uses graphics designed by a 7th grader in the mid 1990s. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    Being an adult means dealing with the consequences of your own actions.  You signed a contract for a time share without investigating the company?  Whaaat?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It is also a company based in Mexico, so you aren't really protected by the same consumer laws.  Chalk this up to an expensive lesson on why you should never, ever sign up for something when you haven't researched the company or read the contract. A quick google search and/or walking out of the presentation would have prevented this.

• I also wouldn't be posting a link with your real name on it.  Internet safety and all.  Ditto PPs.

• And what does this have to do with destination weddings?
  • It's pretty common sense that timeshares just aren't worth it and a total scam.  Same goes for "come to our sales pitch for this set of fine cookware" when in reality, you're better off to just go to the store and buy it yourself.  Or the best one - furniture discounts - I priced it out - the membership alone plus the cost of the furniture - I could have upgraded every piece of furniture we ever considered! (DH bought into one of these before we were married - we cancelled it shortly after because I did the dollars/cents)...

NEVER EVER sign a contract unless you've added up all the numbers in the fine print!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards