Not Engaged Yet

AW: My weekend!

AlPacinaAlPacina member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited November 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
This may be TLDR but at least I'm saving you from encountering it in the daily thread. . . Anyway, I had such an awesome weekend! (TLDR summary: Tons of shopping, Broadway dreams coming true)

On Friday my older sister and niece came to visit and we went to a huge outlet mall in Oregon and I ended up finding too many things, haha. I bought jeans, sweaters, treats, and a couple things for my Secret Santa gift!

---------------

On Saturday morning we went to a local bazaar, and I somehow managed to stay below budget, even though my arms and bags were completely full! Here are a few highlights:

I bought a painting from this same artist last year and knew I needed another one!

This adorable teapot with a bird on it to put next to my jewelry box:

This gorgeous handmade garland is 9 feet long and will be hung along my fireplace mantle:

This necklace was only ten freakin dollars:

This fluffy woven rug goes perfectly in my kitchen, is machine washable, and feels awesome to stand on when I'm doing dishes:

---------------

Sunday was my favorite day in a very very long time! This update will probably mean the most to @PeaseBlossom55, but I'm gonna brag about it anyway! I didn't even find out until Thursday afternoon that If/Then, a Broadway show starring Idina Menzel was touring and stopped in Seattle with almost the entire original cast! Yes, that's Idina Menzel, aka Elsa from Frozen (singer of Let It Go), the original Elphaba from Wicked, and the original Maureen from Rent.

So I bought tickets on Thursday night, and on Sunday drove the three hours to meet my little sister in the city. As I was walking to a restaurant to meet her for drinks, I ran into Anthony Rapp, also from the original cast of Rent, and one of my Broadway crushes:

I stuttered out something about being really excited to see his show, but he definitely seemed to be in a hurry so the fact that he even said Thanks meant something and I didn't stop smiling because of it, haha! Hella fan girl.

The show was incredible. Also on the cast was this guy from She's The Man, who was actually an incredible singer:

Considering how much I loved the show, and how incredible it was to see with the original cast members that I am a huge fan of, I decided to donate a butt ton of money to charity so that I could bring home an autographed program. It's my all time favorite souvenir!

Okay, that's the end. Please give me a few to sort out the formatting. I managed to do all of this on my cell phone.

Re: AW: My weekend!

• How many freaking times did I use the word incredible? Jeez, get original Pacina!

But really, it was incredible. ;)

• Omg, your shopping day sounds fabulous but I'm completely jealous of your Broadway day!
  • OMG YOUR WHOLE WEEKEND SOUND SO COOL!!

Idina Menzel has to be one of my favorite people and I loooooovvvvvvvveeee hearing her sing! I'm so glad you got to go to the show!!

I love the garland!!

I ordered something last week for my very lucky SS and I can't wait to finish her gift and send it all off! I guess I need to pull out all my Christmas wrapping stuff a little bit earlier than normal.

• Also, THIS video of Idina and Taylor is amazing. 
  • Your shopping finds are amazing. I love the rug for the kitchen.

I can't believe you ran into Anthony Rapp and your program was signed!!! That is so incredible.  Very jealous.  I am so glad you enjoyed the show and it was worth the trip!

Anniversary

• Awesome weekend!
  • SO AMAZING!  I love Idina Menzel so much.
  • @speakeasy14 - I absolutely love that video. I was so happy my little niece was visiting so we could listen to Let It Go on repeat, haha. I was getting pumped for my show, and she just freaking loves Frozen like every other little girl. :)

• OMG you got to meet Anthony Rapp?? I'm insanely jealous right now. I've been in love with him since I first saw RENT (and subsequently fell in love with Broadway). 

Your weekend was amazing and I have overwhelming feelings about that kitchen rug.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh - Yep! I completely understand! The funny part is that I even made sure to memorize his actual name so I didn't accidentally call him Mark! Haha! In the end I was super glad I did. :)

• I saw if/then when it was on Broadway and it was one of my favorite shows of all time! I'm glad you had an awesome weekend!
  • I saw if/then when it was on Broadway and it was one of my favorite shows of all time! I'm glad you had an awesome weekend!

You East coasters are so lucky! I just have to catch a lucky break and hope the touring cast is decent.

• Wow that garland is soo pretty. I need to go pick up some xmas stuff before the stores get too crazy!
    Your weekend sounds super fun. I didn't leave the house and stayed in sweats all weekend haha. You win ;)
  • @AlPacina I would totally have done the same thing. I wonder if he responds to Mark, though...

Also similar thoughts on how lucky all those ECers are. There's nothing like going to see a touring show who's cast doesn't do as much credit as the original cast.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh @AlPacina you guys will have to just come out for a visit I guess ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards