Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon locations?

We are planning a destination wedding in Florida for next November (either St Pete Beach or Naples areas). We know we want to leave the country for our honeymoon and go somewhere new. Currently I am debating between Dominican Republic (most likely Punta Cana) or Belize. We want an all inclusive resort that really is all inclusive and we're both big beach people, so a nice beach is a must! Has anyone been to either and have any suggestions? We're trying to keep it under $3,000 if at all possible, but I am open to awesome all-inclusive resorts on other islands as long as it is what we're looking for! :)

Re: Honeymoon locations?

• If you want a nice beach and a real all inclusive type resort, Belize is NOT the place to go. Your best bets are the Dominican, Riviera Maya (Mexico), and Jamaica. 

• If you want a nice beach and a real all inclusive type resort, Belize is NOT the place to go. Your best bets are the Dominican, Riviera Maya (Mexico), and Jamaica. 

Ditto. We stayed in Ambergris Caye in Belize once and the beach and water were full of sea grass. Yuck! Did not go in the water once.
  • I went to DR in March and I absolutely loved it. I stayed in a private home though, so no recs on hotels or resorts. 
  • FI and I are taking a cruise next November for our Honeymoon. We are going to Cozumel, Honduras, Belize and Costa Maya, leaving out of New Orleans. You might want to look into a cruise for all-inclusive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd suggest Jamaica or Mexico. Both are more budget friendly, and offer more for amenities then you are likely to find in Belize. I was married last year in Cozumel, but I know the Yucatan pretty well. There's plenty to do in Playa Del Carmen and Cancun, plus, the resorts tend to be large with plenty of dining options and other perks. Of course, the beaches are amazing. As for Jamaica, it's the same, though, in general, I've found that you can't really walk from your resort to anywhere and will need to a ride to all of the off-resort options. Still, Rick's and Dunn's River falls are worth the trip.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards