Chit Chat
Options

New trends in wedding dresses? Ooh, nooooooo!

2»

Re: New trends in wedding dresses? Ooh, nooooooo!

• Options
    I think the V neck dresses were beautiful. I actually wished I could have found more v neck dresses when I was shopping for my dress. And none of the short dresses looked that short to me. They're not my style, but they weren't hideous. The only ones I didn't like were the lingerie ones.

• Options

My favorite was the mullet dress.

Is she wearing black socks? Those boots/heels and socks might be even worse than the dress.
    QFT. I am currently resisting the urge to gag over this.

• Options
    Maybe an UO, but lately, Vera Wang dresses has gotten really ugly. I remember her dresses being beautiful, but not so much any more. Sorry Vera.

• Options
    edited November 2015

with the exception of the tiara / headband thing, this one is my fave.
  • Options

CMGragain said:

Somebody post that cage dress. I couldn't figure out how to do it.

TBH, I'm kind of obsessed with the cage dress. It's completely ridiculous because it's meant to be that way. It isn't meant to be worn to a nice church wedding (or any wedding, really). It's the kind of fantastical design that only someone like Hailey Paige could dream up. In a few seasons you'll see a comparatively subtle interpretation of it with probably a full skirt and a less intense version of the flowers.

I actually loved most of these, though some are little over the top revealing for me. The Monique Lhuilier "lingerie" one is stunning, though I personally wouldn't wear one with a transparent bodice. There's also something a lot more elegant and fashion-forward to me about some of these than those ubiquitous Pnina gowns.

• Options

Some were beautiful, but an almost equal number were pretty ridiculous IMO- which is par for the course for haute couture.

That's the entire point of that genre of fashion. They are statement pieces. They aren't meant to be worn by the unwashed masses.

Those dresses are meant to usher in the new trends for the regular wedding dress market. Don't no one talk any shit on my girl, Marchesa.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

I love this Carolina Herrera gown and would totally consider it if I were small chested, had a billion dollars, and weren't already married. None of which are an issue. But still, it's preeeeeeeety:

A

This is the one I was talking about! It is a gorgeous dress with a classic shape. And if someone doesn't want the plunge to be that low a pretty piece of lace could easily fill the gap. But really, talk about a modern twist to a very classic and traditional dress.
    This was my favourite one!! I'd want to be smaller-chested to wear it but I agree it's beautiful and elegant.

This one (minus the headpiece) reminds me of an alien I luv it.

I don't really see sparky, short, or v-neck as new trends going in & out of style. The sheer and lingerie looks aren't for me but even in that slideshow of runway examples there were some I thought were fine. Some of the concept ones, like the cage and the hood, were really fun.
  • Options

I love this Carolina Herrera gown and would totally consider it if I were small chested, had a billion dollars, and weren't already married. None of which are an issue. But still, it's preeeeeeeety:

A

This is the one I was talking about! It is a gorgeous dress with a classic shape. And if someone doesn't want the plunge to be that low a pretty piece of lace could easily fill the gap. But really, talk about a modern twist to a very classic and traditional dress.
    This was my favourite one!! I'd want to be smaller-chested to wear it but I agree it's beautiful and elegant.

I don't really see sparky, short, or v-neck as new trends going in & out of style. The sheer and lingerie looks aren't for me but even in that slideshow of runway examples there were some I thought were fine. Some of the concept ones, like the cage and the hood, were really fun.
    I love that one too. It would also make for a stunning evening gown in like navy blue.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    The second picture of the Claire Pettibone dress and the Badgley Mischka gowns were just beautiful. My own wedding gown has some transparency, I guess I was a few months ahead of the trend ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Does anyone watch Project Runway? Candace Cuoco totally had a cage for under one of her dresses and she decided to get rid of it but it totally reminds me of this!

Overall, I really liked them, but do see the Pnina inspiration (yuck!)

Yeah, I watch it and it occurred to me too.
  • Options
    Number 2, with the lacy see-through back. Hella sexy. I always wanted a backless dress

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    I like that center Badgley Mischka dress on page 5.
  • Options

A

I looooove this one, minus the veil. In a million years I'd never have the body to wear it, but I stopped on that page of the slideshow to stare for quite some time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Some were beautiful, but an almost equal number were pretty ridiculous IMO- which is par for the course for haute couture.

That's the entire point of that genre of fashion. They are statement pieces. They aren't meant to be worn by the unwashed masses.

Those dresses are meant to usher in the new trends for the regular wedding dress market. Don't no one talk any shit on my girl, Marchesa.

Yes, I understand that. Hence why I said it's par for the course. It's supposed to be ridiculous.
  • Options
    hellohkb said:

The second picture of the Claire Pettibone dress and the Badgley Mischka gowns were just beautiful. My own wedding gown has some transparency, I guess I was a few months ahead of the trend ;)

that was my favorite too although I would have liked to see the front of it. The V neck ones were ok too
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    While I'm not a fan of most of these because they're just a bit too out there for my personal taste, I'm IN LOVE with the #17 and #24 Carolina Herrera gowns.

ETA: I can't get past the headphones on the Reem Acra models! Veil-schmeil! Blingy headphones all the way!! :P
  • Options

A

I looooove this one, minus the veil. In a million years I'd never have the body to wear it, but I stopped on that page of the slideshow to stare for quite some time.
    I really love this dress, I think it reminds me of Balmain.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards