Registry and Gift Forum

if guests didn't bring a gift/money do I still send them a thank you card?

So our wedding was a few weeks ago and I'm working on thank you cards right now. But only half of our guests even brought us a gift or money. So we had 100 people and only 50 people brought something. 
Should I still write a thank you card to those who came, but didn't bring anything? Or just write a thank you to those who brought something?

Re: if guests didn't bring a gift/money do I still send them a thank you card?

• Thank you cards should be written for those who gave a gift. Sending thank you cards to those who did not give a gift can come off as being gift-grabby or fishing for a gift even if that isn't your intention. The reception is a thank you to the guests for attending your wedding ceremony, so no need to thank them for attending a party that was given for them.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• No, the reception is the thank you to your guests for attending.  Sending them an additional thank you note when they did not give a gift can come off as gift grabby.  

• No. Thank you cards are to thank people for doing something or giving something.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I did, however I had a small ceremony and reception. There were guests I had not met before (friends of DHs) and they gave nice cards so we sent them.
  • I don't think you are required. But if you want to send them a card to thank them for sharing the day with you, I don't think there is anything that says you shouldn't.
  • If you feel you have to send them something maybe a photo from your wedding turned into a postcard and a message on the back of thanks for celebrating our day with us... but nothing is required
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards