Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Non traditional music

Hello! My fiance and I are having a non traditional wedding outside overlooking a lake. We are having a justice of peace for the ceremony and we are a young couple. I'm having trouble finding ideas for music for the ceremony for the men! 
It's important to me that the officiant&groomsmen walk down first, followed by my fiance being walked down by his parents to one song, then my bridesmaids and myself with my parents. I have already chosen the song that the girls and I will walk down to (today - joshua radin) but does anyone have any suggestions for the men? It doesn't have to be slow and sappy but definitely modern/contemporary.
thanks in advance!

Re: Non traditional music

• Options
    Hello! My fiance and I are having a non traditional wedding outside overlooking a lake. We are having a justice of peace for the ceremony and we are a young couple. I'm having trouble finding ideas for music for the ceremony for the men! 
    It's important to me that the officiant&groomsmen walk down first, followed by my fiance being walked down by his parents to one song, then my bridesmaids and myself with my parents. I have already chosen the song that the girls and I will walk down to (today - joshua radin) but does anyone have any suggestions for the men? It doesn't have to be slow and sappy but definitely modern/contemporary.
    thanks in advance!
    How many groomsmen do you have and how long is your aisle?  It shouldn't take terribly long for the guys to walk down the aisle & I don't think it will be long enough for the duration of a song.  
  • Options
    There's not really enough time for one song, let alone three.  I feel like trying to mash three different songs into a simple aisle walk will not go well.  Just pick one song you like and have it cued up and ready to go.  

• Options
    I agree with the others that there may not be time for too many songs... it doesn't take that long to walk down the aisle.  I had one song that everyone walked down to (men, women, and myself). 

But, if you want a different song, just pick something he/you likes that is somewhat fitting and meaningful to you.  I walked down the aisle to Metallica (piano version of Nothing Else Matters). Metallica is one of the few bands we both agree on and we loved the lyrics to that song. Pick a song by his/your favorite artist or a song that you both like.  If it's a bit too rock-ish for a wedding or to flow well into your other song, look for an acoustic version (youtube is great for this).  Acoustic version or instrumental can make nearly any song more "wedding appropriate".

• Options
    Thank you for your suggestions! There is 6 groomsmen and then the parents. I definitely don't want it to feel like it doesnt have a 'flow'. I'll have to rack his brains to see what he would like. :)
  • Options
    Sometimes covers of songs are really good. We walked down to "Can't Help Falling in Love" cover by Twenty-One Pilots.
    {if you're looking for it, don't listen to the ep version look at the one that's kind of a music video - better version}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards