New York-Upstate

How much for photographer?

I'm in Upstate NY and I'm wondering how much a good photographer will be? I have a friend who is a great photographer (professional) and these are her costs:

7-Hour Wedding Package: 2,000
-Free Engagement Session (Including professional editing, high res image files, and social media & printing rights on all images)
-Professional Editing
-At least 700 High Resolution Image Files
-Social Media & Printing Rights on all images (basically freedom to re-produce/print images as many times as you would like into the future)

Is that reasonable?

Re: How much for photographer?

• You should really post this on your local board since prices vary from region to region.

• Pricing aside, I highly recommend against hiring a friend to do our wedding photos. First of all if anything goes wrong - from not liking the images, to being delayed or being lost - it can ruin your relationship. Secondly, a good friend would normally be a guest. I would never as a good friend to work during my wedding and not be able to enjoy the day as a guest. It as can impact the quality and amount of images, as they will understandably want to socialize with their friends.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Seems very reasonable for the area (depending how upstate you are?) when I was getting costs most packages started around at least 2500.  I actually got a great photographer at a great price ($1600 for 2 shooters, full day, engagement shoot with digital images and all the digital images from the wedding)   She had only recently started her own business doing wedding and I think since then has raised her prices.  
  • Ugh, I thought I did local. Can someone move it?

This isn't a super close friend -- we're friends from our church high school youth group, and she isn't someone I would invite as a guest (but then, I'm inviting very few friends -- I think about 10).
  • Moved.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• This definitely depends on how far Upstate you are, but in the Albany area that is a great price. Most I saw start at $2500 for basic packages that do not include engagement pictures, and they go up from there. 

• We are paying $1300 for our wedding from an up and coming photographer in the Syracuse area. Here name is Anna Elizabeth photography and she was great for our engagement shoot! 
  • We are paying $1300 for our wedding from an up and coming photographer in the Syracuse area. Here name is Anna Elizabeth photography and she was great for our engagement shoot! 
    Does she seem to be good to work with?  I love her website and the sample images, but we were a bit concerned about how new she seems to be.  The engagement shoot went well?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards