Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Can beef jerky be part of the candy bar?

Of course we like candy, but the real treats we like are more in the salty then sweet. So is there something wrong with this idea?

Re: Can beef jerky be part of the candy bar?

• Options
    edited October 2015

Of course we like candy, but the real treats we like are more in the salty then sweet. So is there something wrong with this idea?

I wouldn't eat it, but I don't see any problem including it. I would make sure it is clearly labeled in its own jar.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Cool - I'll make sure it's packaged, in it's own jar, not touching anything else.  

And I like the suggestion of "Snack Bar" more than candy bar, at that's more what it would be.

Thanks!

• Options
    Oooohhhhh.....I'd add chocolate covered potato chips to tie the sweet & savory together!
  • Options
    Oooohhhhh.....I'd add chocolate covered potato chips to tie the sweet & savory together!
    I want to get on your level. 
  • Options

Nothing at all!  Go for it.

• Options
    Oooo.... I think you've started a new trend! Sweet & Savoury- love it! (My DH LOVES jerky- he would think he was at the best wedding ever). 

Just waiting for it to show up all over pinterest ;)
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015

I don't see why you can't include it.

Oops-double posting.  My Internet is wonky today.

• Options
    Three words... Chocolate Covered BACON!

• Options
    And candied bacon!

• Options
    I like PP suggestion of changing the name to a snack bar, that opens up options for other non-sweet food items like popcorn or other stuff. I have family members that don't like sweets so some salty things would be a huge hit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards