Not Engaged Yet

Thanksgiving Eve!

Holy crap! I can't believe Thanksgiving is TOMORROW. 

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? 
Are you making anything? 
What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you?
Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?
In-store or online shopping?
Have you started shopping yet? 
Do you go out for Black Friday? 
Do you decorate for the holidays? 

Re: Thanksgiving Eve!

• @swazzle the pot pie is borderline genius!!  

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? My in laws are coming over for food then once they leave we're going to a big bonfire with friends

Are you making anything? everything since it's at my house.

What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you? I'm kind of a picky bitch so my plate only has turkey, potatoes, squash. I'm cooking all the other stuff for people I just don't eat it.

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? don't think so. I always get the turkey wing.

In-store or online shopping? online!!

Have you started shopping yet? no.....I have a unique family situation....I have nobody to buy gifts for. Except H and I already got his on Amazon.

Do you go out for Black Friday? hell to the no

Do you decorate for the holidays? We will put up the Christmas tree this weekend and possibly buy some stuff for the outside, don't have any yet.

• What are your plans for Thanksgiving? 
    We have lunch at my family's and then dinner with H's.

Are you making anything? 
    I am supposed to make an apple pie, homemade rolls, green beans, cranberry sauce.  We'll see.

Typically, we have a little bit of everything:  turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls, desserts.

Not really.  We alternate years between NM and OK.

Mostly online.

Yep, I'm almost done!

NOPE.

Oh yes!!!!!
  • @labro I mean I do have dry ice that I haven't figured out what to do with yet so I could easily ship some brussel sprouts.  Mine are loaded with olive oil and parmesan cheese 
  • @Peaseblossom55 so much love and hugs to you guys.

In first world problems, I started cutting the grass, didn't get a quarter of the way through, and it's pouring. I hope the radar is right and it stops by 10 cause I cannot leave the grass half cut if we are leaving town.

Hopefully leaving for our parents' town around 1. Should get there by dinnertime. I think I'm the only sibling home until late tonight so I'll get lots of love haha (we joke because there are 4 of us but sometimes it's nice to get 1-on-1 time with the parents!) we will also check in on H's dad as he had colon surgery about two weeks ago. He's not very good at resting from what we understand haha

We do normal boring thanksgiving at both families but I love it. Good food and great people. We also have paintball planned and motorcycle and garage repair projects. Need something done around the house? Wait for a holiday and invite us over. That's what normal people do :)

Online Black Friday planned. Not much else.

My football team is 5-5 but in first place in their division. Yea. Go Hasselbeck (that's our backup in case you've never heard of our 41 year old QB)! Apparently H's college team is doing decent and should get a bowl bid this year. Undecided if we will go. Likely depends what state the game is in.

Love,
    Blue & White the girl who only visits on days off school :/
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @swazzle I also love that @Peaseblossom55 tagged @swizzle

And I want to eat at half your thanksgiving houses. It's not stalking if I'm doing it for the food I don't think.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @Swazzle That pot pie idea is genius.
    @untouchablets Best wishes with your trip!

All the food talk is making me hungry.

Yesterday I got a facebook message from a woman that owns a boutique here in town asking if I would participate in "Fashion Art Walk" this Saturday as part of Small Business Saturday! It's basically a fashion show with local women, I'm honored to be selected to participate!  Before I hit the road for work in a couple hrs I'm going to stop by her shop to try on dresses. Sooo excited! Her shop is both bridal and formal/cocktail wear, so I have no idea what I will be trying on.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Wake up whenever I feel like it, watch the parade, watch the dog show while getting ready, head to my parents' for dinner
    Are you making anything? No, usually I make some sort of dessert, but this year time got away from me and there is no way I'm going to the grocery store today.
    What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you? Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes. Those are the items we have every single year, usually one other side dish will appear.
    Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? After dinner I usually peek through the Black Friday sales papers to see what people will be murdering each other for. Then me and Dad put up the Christmas tree.
    In-store or online shopping? Mixture of both, see below.
    Have you started shopping yet? Yep, and I'm almost done! I did most my shopping on my travels this year, and I ordered a couple wooden art pieces from a friend of mine to give as gifts. I'm happy to say that this year I have bought nearly everything from artists and local businesses!
    Do you go out for Black Friday? I avoid it unless there is something I REALLY want to get, and then I usually don't go until later in the day when the stampedes have died down.
    Do you decorate for the holidays? Yes, not a lot though. I put up my tree and I have some figurines. I usually do that the week after Thanksgiving... but this year I might be making an offer on a house/negotiating instead!

• Another crazy day on tap at work, so this might be a(nother) P&R.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? 
    My parents are coming up from Richmond tonight. DH and I are doing a 5k turkey trot in the morning, then coming home for mimosas and breakfast casserole. Then we'll go to Cracker Barrel for T'giving lunch. We're making chili and cornbread for dinner.

Are you making anything? 
    See above.

With my family, it's normally turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls.

Going around the table and saying what we're thankful for.

Online!

Yep, I'm about halfway done.

That's a big ol' bucket of nope.

Yes. I plan to do that after my parents leave on Friday. I love putting up the tree and getting the lights up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We are driving to Houston for one last Thanksgiving with my extended family at my grandparents' house. We'll be going through all of their things to figure out who wants what so my brother and uncle can put the house on the market early next year.
    Are you making anything? Nope, though I may bring some cookies or something. There's normally mountains of food though.
    What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you? The traditional stuff like turkey, corn casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls (just dawned on me that my grandmother won't be making her famous rolls this year), pies galore, etc.
    Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? My dad's side of the family always goes to Houston for Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house. Even when my grandparents were unable to cook the big stuff, my aunts, uncles, and cousins would come in early and make it all so that the tradition continued. It was also the only time of year I got to see my older brothers, niece, nephews, and most of those cousins. Not sure what will happen next year.
    In-store or online shopping? Online ftw. I ain't about that Black Friday life.
    Have you started shopping yet? Yes! I'm maybe 75% finished with Christmas shopping thanks to a ton of pre-Black Friday sales.
    Do you go out for Black Friday? Negative
    Do you decorate for the holidays? Yes! It looks like Christmas threw up in my house every December. I can't wait! I'm trying to convince H to let me decorate tonight since we'll have the pup Friday when I normally decorate, but he's adamant I wait until after Thanksgiving. Boooooo.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle - Are you freaking kidding me?!? That pot pie idea is the greatest thing I've ever heard!

@speakeasy14 - OMG, I want brie so badly now. What fall flavors are you using? And LOL to the candle story!

----------------------

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We're going to hang out with my BF's family. I'm a little bummed because they don't watch the Macy's parade, which is something my family has always made time for. No one really offered to host, so we're going to a Chinese restaurant for dinner...... I wanted some kind of holiday-type meal, so tonight I'm making a ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, and corn for dinner to hopefully scratch that itch a bit, plus give me some leftovers.

Are you making anything? For tomorrow, no. Tonight, yes.

What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you? Turkey, potatoes (of more than one form), rolls, corn, cranberry sauce, gravy, stuffing, and OLIVES.

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Watching the parade, which I probably won't get to do this year. :(

In-store or online shopping? A healthy dose of both, but I typically do a couple huge orders from Amazon.

Have you started shopping yet? Only for my SS, but I'm going to go look for luggage for BF after work today.

Do you go out for Black Friday? If I'm in my hometown, yes. There is only one store (Walmart) so it's a great way to run into people I haven't seen in a while. Plus no one goes crazy. They let people in early so there's no mad rush to grab stuff.

Do you decorate for the holidays? I never have, but this year I will! I've got my new garland, and my nutcrackers. But now I just need to buy EVERYTHING ELSE. Definitely house lights and lit garland for my staircase banister.

• What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
    We are having my in-laws over for brunch. French toast casserole, bacon and fresh fruit. Then we go with H  side of the family to the zoo (admission is actually free on thanksgiving and they do special animal feeding through-out the day. Then we will come home and walk the dog/play with her before heading to my parents for dinner. In the past its been just my  immediate family (parents, me, my brother) This year will be my parents, me and H, my brother and his GF, and a family friend.
    Are you making anything?  For my parents we are making homemade apple pie tonight.
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing (cheddar cheese, sausage, bread cream of mushroom soup, onions, Yumm!), rolls, cranberry sauce, and apple pie.
    H family always goes to the zoo so we will be continuing that, otherwise just traditional dinner.
    In-store or online shopping? I do a mixture of both.
    Have you started shopping yet? Haha no. Just a few things for the animals.
    Do you go out for Black Friday? I have in the past but I don't plan on going this year.
    Do you decorate for the holidays? We are getting our tree this weekend, and I've slowly been collecting decorations every year. No outside decorations yet, but we plan on eventually getting some.
  • @swazzle ugh it keep correcting me to swizzle I have to go back and change it at least 5 times before it gets it right.... but swizzle isn't a bad sn right?

@blue & white thank you

@two dimes thank you!

@cu97tiger Cracker Barrel sounds so good right now.

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 thank you and yay puppy!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• TwoDimes said:
    labro said:
    I just want to say I am SO EXCITED for all you new home-owners decorating your houses for the first time!

I demand photos!! Interiors and exteriors!

• @swazzle, I'm going to need your Nutella cookie cup recipe.

@twodimes, that is an awesome claw machine.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We're spending Thanksgiving Day with MIL and SFIL. We're going to visit SGPIL at the assisted living/nursing home they're living in. Black Friday shopping (in-store and online). Saturday we'll be with FIL and SMIL. Then we're stopping by my parents' place Sunday to decorate Christmas trees.
    Are you making anything? Not this year. I suspect we're having pre-made Thanksgiving dinner at the home, and SMIL/FIL really prefer to do the cooking. Ah well.
    What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you? Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing (my grandma's recipe), green bean casserole, vegetable pizza, mandarin orange salad, buns, olives, pickles ... crap, I know I'm forgetting stuff.
    Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? None yet with my in-laws. My family: food, food coma, football. The last two may or may not be in that order.
    In-store or online shopping? Both.
    Have you started shopping yet? I've picked out things but haven't bought yet.
    Do you go out for Black Friday? YES. I love the crowds.
    Do you decorate for the holidays? We didn't last year but we're going to put up the Christmas tree this year. I don't know if we'll get lights up outside.
  • @TwoDimes For some reason I can't remember Christmas photos from  your house last year so it'll be just like you're a new homeowner again!! ;)

@KeptInStitches NOMS! Give me all the veggie pizza!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards