Not Engaged Yet

Thanksgiving Eve!

2»

Re: Thanksgiving Eve!

• @labro thanks for the recipes! I know @southernpeach89 hasn't been on much since she's doing important mommy things so please tell her & Callie that we all wish them a happy Thanksgiving!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    TwoDimes said:
    @labro, this was us last year:

Just kidding, haha! This is a house about a mile away from us. Last year we had just moved in and were still busy unpacking, so we did the bare minimum in terms of lights.
    OMG I totally believed you! Gullible party of 1.

ETA: Your house has a MASSIVE looking garage! I'm totes jelly on behalf of H. We have a 2 car garage and a storage area which is more than a lot of people get, but he wants ALL the space. Darn cars and parking them inside.

• Happy Pre-Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Canadian here doesn't celebrate this weekend .... we did in October lol

So I legit just got to work. My co-worker was becoming an official Canadian citizen. It's really neat seeing it happening and the judge doing it was really good too :smile:

Tonight is my course and pricing. Since Canada has Black Friday deals, we wanna see some options. We've been pricing a t.v. and might have a better deal than normal between now and Christmas.

On to questions .... I'm gonna answer thanksgiving ones as the one that passed

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
    Thanksgiving this year was a damn mess.

Are you making anything? 
    I made pie and tarts

What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you?
    Depends. One side does turkey, other side does ham.

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?
    Pie. Lmao. My dad use to make pie, but since he's not around anymore I kinda adopted that job last year. I just wish he could've taught me his crust

In-store or online shopping?
    Urg. Neither.

Have you started shopping yet? 
    Yup. I have 2 1/2 gifts to buy

Do you go out for Black Friday? 
    We do not. If we get anything, it's online.

Do you decorate for the holidays?
    Couldn't be arsed to do it. I'm not a fan of holidays. We are, however, decorating this year because we're hosting a pre-xmas thing with family. *groan*
  • @keptinstitches thank you!

@jenna8984 I never really cooked a roast chicken, or really any meat until H & I moved in together.  I hate for the vegetarian to screw up the thanksgiving day turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 ooo didn't know you are vegetarian that makes more sense hahah. I used to watch my parents cook when I was in high school so when I moved out I had an arsenal of favorite meals that I knew how to cook.

• @jenna8984 yes so I imagine most would trust someone who has cooked a big turkey before ;-)

Ugh is it 5 yet?

Anniversary

• Does anyone else read the comics from The Oatmeal?  Here's Thanksgiving as a kid vs. adult.

CLICK
    I love their stuff!! Have you seen the "your cat is trying to kill you" ? lmao
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @speakeasy14 - I hadn't seen that one yet! LOVE IT! I'm insanely partial to "My Dog: The Paradox". And I have one of the books. It came with a poster version of the one about printers being from hell, haha.

• I burst out laughing as a bunch of coworkers walked by so I shared it with them too.  No one is getting any real work done today haha
  • @alpacina I get to leave at 4pm today.

@speakeasy14 I love The Oatmeal that was funny.

Anniversary

• @swazzle I love that rug!

@speakeasy14 Maybe soon since every other commercial on TV is for engagement rings.....

Anniversary

• @swazzle I want those peacan things in my mouth RIGHT NOW!

I got all ready to type this, this morning and then it got insanely busy, so forgive me for not responding to everyone.
    Today is super hard. It would have been mom's 70th birthday. To say I'm not dealing well would be a grand understatement - so I'm just going to stick to the questions...Love you guys - hug your moms extra hard and extra long. 

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Traveling down to NC to spend it with the inlaws.

Are you making anything? I'm hoping they let me make the mashed potatoes because 1) they never make enough (like 6 potatoes for 10 people. Um hello???) and 2) I like the way I make them best.

What's a typical Thanksgiving menu for you? Turkey, taters, pan gravy, green beans, collard greens, sweet potatoes, pies pies and more pies, and mac & cheese

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? There was a set of fancy goblets we only busted out for thanksgiving, as a kid. Thankfully, I still have them. I'm gonna bring that back...next year.

In-store or online shopping? A little of both. I usually set out to do online cause I hate crowds, and then I procrastinate and forget to do anything until its too late to shop online.

Have you started shopping yet? No. :(

Do you go out for Black Friday? Hell fucking no. Strangers touching and breathing on me is my own personal hell. I'd probably get arrested for punching someone that didn't respect the 5 foot bubble rule.

Do you decorate for the holidays? Yes! We really slacked last year, for obvious reasons, but I want to make it good this year. Bean loves it, so I want to put a little joy into it for him. Sometimes I don't realize how hard losing Mom was for him.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 been thinking of you all day! Sending lots of hugs your way
  • Time is going by SO SLOW today omg

• @AlPacina my fall spread for the Brie tort is pumpkin, Apple, raisins, and spices
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards