May 2016 Weddings

Registering for the Honeymoon

Hey Gals!  Question, does anyone have experience registering for their honeymoon?  What sites have you used?

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Registering for the Honeymoon

• I don't know much about this but the concept isn't popular on TK so beware.  I do know that some of the 'honeyfund' sites charge a fee so a portion of your gift is going to the site so be sure to do your research carefully. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    Most people know that money is always an appropriate gift. You don't need a honeyfund. Also you don't actually get the experience that people registered you for. Your get a check and there Is and fee. So one of your guests will be like "oh I want to give them and nice sunset dinner for $100." And 2 hat happens instead is that the website rakes a 6% transaction fee and then you just get a check for $93. Also there are people who have had those but never went on the honeymoon.

If you want money so you can go on a honeymoon or save up for something then either don't register at all or only have teeny-tiny registry. Everyone knows how to give money as a gift. They'll get the hint.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're booked at Sandals and they have a honeymoon registry option that we're using. They send you the money via bank transfer or they add a credit onto your account for experiences you register for, i.e. excursion, dinner, massage, that you use while you're there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aj051416 said:
    We're booked at Sandals and they have a honeymoon registry option that we're using. They send you the money via bank transfer or they add a credit onto your account for experiences you register for, i.e. excursion, dinner, massage, that you use while you're there.
    Wouldn't you rather get all 100 dollars of the money you're friends and family are trying to gift to vs. you getting $93 and the hotel getting even more money.  That's not nice to your guests. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Considering that a lot of people don't like giving cash and would rather give "something", it gives them that option. I'm one of those people. I hate giving cash, so it's something I would do for a friend. So I don't find this "not nice" in any way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aj051416 said:

Considering that a lot of people don't like giving cash and would rather give "something", it gives them that option. I'm one of those people. I hate giving cash, so it's something I would do for a friend. So I don't find this "not nice" in any way.

You're still just giving them cash because they just get a check. They don't go on their honeymoon and have a dinner all magically set up for them. That's not how honeymoon registries work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sandals allows you to request excursions, spa treatments and on-site extras, like dinner for two on the beach, and they're put on your account for you to set up before you arrive. We only registered for the add ons, not the contribution, so while that's an option that gives you a bank transfer, we're just doing the things that get booked before we arrive.

I have also donated to friends cruise honeymoons and given them wine, or chocolates, or cheese en suite, and it's been there when they've arrived, so those work that way also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards