Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Changing Out of Dress for Reception?

2»

Re: Bridesmaid Changing Out of Dress for Reception?

• Options
    At the last wedding I was in I was told it was my "duty" to mingle with the out of town family guests at the wedding to make them feel comfortable and involved.  Nope. Not my job.  That's the B &G's job.  They invited them, they can host and greet them.  

I don't know why the B & G's jobs get shifted to the WP so often, but it's shitty and needs to stop.  

• Options
    levioosa said:
    At the last wedding I was in I was told it was my "duty" to mingle with the out of town family guests at the wedding to make them feel comfortable and involved.  Nope. Not my job.  That's the B &G's job.  They invited them, they can host and greet them.  

I don't know why the B & G's jobs get shifted to the WP so often, but it's shitty and needs to stop.  
    So goofy.

And I'm pretty sure as a guest, I wouldn't want to be talked to a whole bunch by the bridesmaids I don't know... I'd be thinking of polite ways to try and get away from them and talk to family and friends I already know...
  • Options
    aurianna said:
    levioosa said:

So goofy.

And I'm pretty sure as a guest, I wouldn't want to be talked to a whole bunch by the bridesmaids I don't know... I'd be thinking of polite ways to try and get away from them and talk to family and friends I already know...
    That was one of my arguments.  No one gives a fuck who I am.  They want to talk to people they know and meet the bride and groom, not a random-ass bridesmaid who hates small talk.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards