Honeymoon Discussions

Looking for Hawaii Hotel Recommendation

MrsH2016MrsH2016 member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited December 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
Hello!
My FI and I are leaning towards staying in Oahu in the Waikiki area, as well as on either the south or west shore of Maui for our honeymoon in June 2016. We are looking for some reasonably priced (like $200-$300 per night max) hotels in those areas. Does anyone who has been to Hawaii have any good suggestions on where to stay? Thanks! :)

Re: Looking for Hawaii Hotel Recommendation

• We stayed at the Sheraton in Kaanapali in Maui.  Not sure the cost (we did a package through Costco), but I really liked the area and if we ever went back, would stay there again.  Nice to walk the "boardwalk" to Whaler's Village with restaurants and shops.  And Lahaina was only a 5 minute drive - lots more shops and restaurants.

Didn't care for Oahu.  We stayed at the Hilton.  It's a huge hotel, nothing special though - we only stayed for two nights to see Pearl Harbor.
  • In general, West Maui may offer you more nice hotels in your budget: look at the various Aston properties in Ka'anapali, the Hyatt Regency Maui, The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach, the Sheraton, the Westin.   We stayed at the Westin Ka'anapali Resort Villas and loved the location and resort itself.

South Maui has some really top notch resorts but most are out of your nightly price range.  There could be some vacation rentals that work though, so if you don't love the West Maui options, you could look at some rental properties in Wailea.

And I would echo @CMGragain and use TripAdvisor/Kayak/Booking to play with dates and see how pricing changes, and get reviews too.
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015

I know you are not looking at Kauai, but I just saw this really great offer for an ocean front hotel on Yahoo!  The deal must be booked by the end of the year, but travel is good through August 2016.  The deal also includes a $50 food and beverage credit, which for Hawaii, is amazing!  Here is the link to the deal: clicky.  If we could afford the airfare right now, I would be planning our trip there right now!

ETA: The deal is done :(  They already sold out of those rooms!  Sorry OP!

• We stayed at the Outrigger Shore.  It's right beside the Outrigger Reef on the Beach, where we got married.  It was a studio condo with kitchenette (though they have 1/2 bedroom too).  We were ocean front and some rooms are tied in with the Outrigger Reef next door, allowing us pool access at that hotel.    

• Thanks for the responses and the great suggestions! Due to our budget being a little different than expected, we decided to go with a different destination. Hopefully, we can make Hawaii work for another trip in the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards