• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Registering and Gifts

if guests didn't bring a gift/money do I still send them a thank you card?

So our wedding was a few weeks ago and I'm working on thank you cards right now. But only half of our guests even brought us a gift or money. So we had 100 people and only 50 people brought something. 
Should I still write a thank you card to those who came, but didn't bring anything? Or just write a thank you to those who brought something?

Re: if guests didn't bring a gift/money do I still send them a thank you card?

• Cookie PusherCookie Pusher Looking over your shoulder member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Thank you cards should be written for those who gave a gift. Sending thank you cards to those who did not give a gift can come off as being gift-grabby or fishing for a gift even if that isn't your intention. The reception is a thank you to the guests for attending your wedding ceremony, so no need to thank them for attending a party that was given for them.
    ~*~*~*~*~

Blue_Birdbunnyprincess2014tigerlily6
  • levioosalevioosa Southern California member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    No, the reception is the thank you to your guests for attending.  Sending them an additional thank you note when they did not give a gift can come off as gift grabby.  

CMGragainBlue_Birdtigerlily6
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    No. Thank you cards are to thank people for doing something or giving something.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    Blue_Bird
  • I did, however I had a small ceremony and reception. There were guests I had not met before (friends of DHs) and they gave nice cards so we sent them.
  • I don't think you are required. But if you want to send them a card to thank them for sharing the day with you, I don't think there is anything that says you shouldn't.
  • If you feel you have to send them something maybe a photo from your wedding turned into a postcard and a message on the back of thanks for celebrating our day with us... but nothing is required
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    tigerlily6
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards