Plus-Sized

Suggestions for coverage

I bought my dress today. (Yay!) I love it and how I look in it with the exception of my arms. The dress comes with detachable cap sleeves, but they provide very little coverage. I'm not sure anything lacy would look good with it, but I'm not sure. I can't picture what anything would look like. Suggestions for sleeves or jackets?

Re: Suggestions for coverage

• It'll look fine - if anything do some heavy benching, lat pulls, and curls to give you a little bit of tone if you're afraid of how your arms look now.  The cap that the dress comes with is going to look the best of any of the options out there and provide for a lot more comfort as the evening goes on instead of constantly pulling up a strapless gown.
  • kkcc2015kkcc2015 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    I just did a simple, shimmery 3/4 sleeve cover up with mine, because no matter how many lat pulls or curls I would have done, I'm not comfortable with my arms. I think the cap sleeve on yours in beautiful, but can understand not feeling covered enough. Depending on when you're getting married, there are tons of different boleros/cropped cardigans to help you be more comfortable on the day of and help you not to worry about your arms :) it helped for me to have a little extra volume up top in a more fitted dress to balance out my hips a little.
  • I feel the same way about my arms!  BTW your dress is gorgeous I don't think the cap sleeves will look bad at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually think the cap sleeves are beautiful and will provide just the right amount of coverage!

More often than not, the bolero style jackets and other cover-ups actually direct my attention more to the exact thing the bride is trying to hide....which defeats the purpose of the jacket IMO. The cap sleeves will be a beautiful accent without being a neon arrow pointing straight to your arms.

• labro said:
    I actually think the cap sleeves are beautiful and will provide just the right amount of coverage!

More often than not, the bolero style jackets and other cover-ups actually direct my attention more to the exact thing the bride is trying to hide....which defeats the purpose of the jacket IMO. The cap sleeves will be a beautiful accent without being a neon arrow pointing straight to your arms.
    This!  I think boleros and other coverups just draw more attention to the area that's trying to be covered up.  I'd just stick with the cap sleeves.
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2015
    We had the seamstress buy extra lace and build sleeves. It was over a stretchy thing ... actually you can see it in the picture below. I got lots of compliments on the dress, but a lot specifically on the sleeves too. 

ETA Can't really see it in the tiny picture but it's just patchwork lace over the stretchy base layer they use for ... seamstress stuff. It started out with cap sleeves so everything below that she just added to make it look like the lace was becoming less and less as you got away from the body of the dress.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards