Wedding Woes

No Wedding Gift from MOH/Best Friend?

I need to vent and realize I may seem selfsh/greedy throughout this post... I apologize! We got married this past weekend and everything went well. We paid for most of the wedding ourselves and it was held at Smith and Wollensky's, a steak house. My MOH and best friend since I was 7 did not get me a card and I am deeply hurt. I totally get that she was busy helping, she went in on a bridal shower present (my mom paid for the shower), paid for the bachelorette party etc. I honestly found that the guests that were the least financially stable were much more generous. Part of the reason I feel slightly upset over this is that she is constantly bragging about how much better she does financially than her friends. She has no large bills and paid off her rent for the summer. I don't even care about the fact that she did not get us a gift- it is more so the fact that she did not even bother to purchase or write a card.. and I know she isn't following the 1 year rule because she said the day after the wedding, "do you mind if I didn't get you a card?".. Of course I played it off like I wasn't hurt. WWYD.. thoughts?

Re: No Wedding Gift from MOH/Best Friend?

• So she stood up for you, planned and paid for a party, came to the reception, got you a shower gift, and you're irritated that she didn't get you a flimsy piece of paper? 

I don't think you have anything to complain about. The best present I got from my MOH was her being there to share the day with me. Cards are lame - I threw most of mine out. You don't need more clutter from your best friend. You need her to show through actions that she's your best friend - and she did that. 
  • I fail to see how you could possibly be hurt.  Think about all she just did for you!  Do you really need her to pour her heart out in a card and throw money at you?

Losing great people in your life to petty crap will be one of the biggest regrets you will have, so you better shape up.

• I understand the need to vent but sharing the experiance is the gift. You will have an over abundance of cards at this wedding. And, if you put your energy into missing just one then you are making a choice to find something negative. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Her actions did show how much she cares for you?  Do you really need Hallmark to spell it out?
  • I can see both sides. I'd be annoyed at the lack of a card. How hard is it to stop by a grocery store to pick something up and scrawl down a quick little heartfelt note? It may be an insignificant item for MOH but it seems to matter to OP. Sometimes you just do innocuous little crap like that only because the other person appreciates it....but then op spent WAY too much time on the MOH's finances, never mind blitzing over everything MOH did do..methinks just a card would not have unruffled these feathers
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards