Flowers

What do you think of this centerpiece?

I put this together with my friend and they cost me about 50 bucks (vases + flowers). I was thinking about having them as my lower centerpieces and get the tall ones with a florists that would have the same flowers - red roses and red gerbera daisies (I don't want sunflowers on those). Do think these are two much or the 3 of them look good? My colors are red, god and ivory. 

Re: What do you think of this centerpiece?

• I think they are too tall to be considered low centerpieces.  If you sit at the table where do the flowers hit?  Right at your eye line?  If so, then you need to bring them down, because you don't want to block people's view across the table.

• You are right about the taller one, it is right at my eye line but the other two I can see over it :) so maybe I could consider do two per table...
  • I think two might look odd, I think you need an odd number. I think you could easily get away with just doing one lower ones, then put candles around the bottom. Then if you wanted to make it stand out more, maybe put it on top of a circle mirror plate. You did a beautiful job on that arrangement by the way.
  • Colorful and so creative, but my first thought was that clumsy guests and servers are going to knock them over. So shorter would be good, as was suggested above, but I would also make sure that what you pick has a nice stable base.
  • Erikan73 said:
    I think two might look odd, I think you need an odd number. I think you could easily get away with just doing one lower ones, then put candles around the bottom. Then if you wanted to make it stand out more, maybe put it on top of a circle mirror plate. You did a beautiful job on that arrangement by the way.
    I agree, definitely do just 1 for the lower tables and make it stand out with mirror plate.  You could also maybe put 5 votives around it instead of 3 to add a little more :) looks absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors!
  • Question: Can you see someone's FULL FACE from across a table with these centerpieces and easily? I think about this a lot because I have hearing difficulties, so even tallish centerpieces can be a distraction and make it difficult to know who is talking and make it difficult to understand what people are saying. I know you may not have guests with hearing difficulties, but in a loud room, I think having a clear table view can help everyone communicate a little better. I'm also short, and some of your guests are probably short as well. I generally wouldn't go taller than 7 or 8 inches for a low centerpiece.
  • Ditto others regarding the height ... but I LOVE the colors & flowers!
  • You did a lovely job on the flowers, they look great!  I would echo PPs that these may be too tall.  Even if you can see people's eyes across the table, I find that if anything comes up much higher than neck height, it really discourages conversation across the table.  Also, the vases are pretty but very top-heavy.  There's a good risk that they will get knocked over.  I think you should keep the flowers as you have them, but find different containers to put them in - ones that are low and don't have a wine glass-like stem.  Then you could either just do 1 with some votives to save money, or still do 3 if you want the fuller look.  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards