New Jersey

Westmount Country Club- Who has had their wedding here??

Hi fellow brides!

My fiance and I have been searching high and low for a venue that lives up to the vision I have had since I was a child. After viewing 9 venues (both in NJ and Long Island, NY), Westmount made me feel like no other venue had. In my heart, I feel like it fits most of my expectations and that it is the place I want to get married. The one thing that makes me sad is that it hosts 2 weddings in the same night. It is pretty important to me that my wedding is the only one in the venue, but I have had no luck so far finding a venue that fulfills all of my wishes.

I loved the Westmount so much that I am considering trying to get over this detail. If you or anyone you know has gotten married here:

1-- Do the guests of both weddings see and run into one another throughout the night?

2--Does the Westmount do a good job at keeping the parties separate?

3-- Is it obvious to the guests that you are in the same building as another wedding reception?

ALL information re: experience and having a reception in a venue that hosts more than 1 wedding is GREATLY appreciated!! BTW, I would be having the reception in the Continental Room (around 175 guests).

Thank you! :)

Re: Westmount Country Club- Who has had their wedding here??

• I'm actually a Westmount 2016 bride and had the same concern! Anyone with any feedback regarding this and weddings at westmount in general would be greatly appreciated!
  • I am getting married there in 2016 and this was a big concern of mine.They keep both events completely separated and events will start at different times as well to assure this. My fiance and I looked at both rooms and were taken through the kitchen (which is impeccable btw). We were shocked at how much space divides the two rooms...there should not be an issue. 
  • I attended a wedding there in December and the only time we saw the other wedding that was going on was before the ceremony waiting for both weddings to start!
  • I was a bridesmaid at a wedding there. Photos were a real hassle.  The Westmount didn't let anyone take pictures in the lobby. Couldn't use the outside area because a ceremony took place outside that started late then they spent the next hour taking pictures. So all the formal shots ended up against the window in the ballroom while the guests were in cocktail hour. Not what the bride was told would happen. It was dark by the time the outside area was free. Such a beautiful place and they ended up with below average pictures. We were in the room on the right when you walk in.
  • I went to a wedding there recently and here's my findings

1-- Do the guests of both weddings see and run into one another throughout the night?
    -maybe one or two people were in the wrong place during the lobby hold time, but it wasn't really an issue until the end of the night. Both weddings ended at the same time, so you had 2 different sets of drunk people trying to get into 2 different busses that went to 2 different hotels, it was not pretty and no one from the venue helped. 

2--Does the Westmount do a good job at keeping the parties separate?
    For the most part during the actual wedding, yes.

3-- Is it obvious to the guests that you are in the same building as another wedding reception?
    once you enter your room, no one will remember theres another wedding going on
  • Westmount is my dream location.  I'm trying to see how we can afford it.
  • What is yor price range, they were really flexible and negotiated a great deal with us. (Through Bobby)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards