Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation timeline/holiday weekend

Hi everyone, I know the standard timeline for invitations is 6-8 weeks before the wedding. My wedding is Memorial Day  weekend and I did not send out save the dates so I am wondering if invites should go out a little earlier or is 8 weeks still plenty of time. The RSVP deadline is 3 weeks ahead so I have a week to find missing ones before I have to give final numbers. Thanks!

Re: Invitation timeline/holiday weekend

• JBB28 said:

Hi everyone, I know the standard timeline for invitations is 6-8 weeks before the wedding. My wedding is Memorial Day  weekend and I did not send out save the dates so I am wondering if invites should go out a little earlier or is 8 weeks still plenty of time. The RSVP deadline is 3 weeks ahead so I have a week to find missing ones before I have to give final numbers. Thanks!

I would still send your invitations at 6-8 weeks, but if you're not sending save-the-dates, since that is a holiday weekend and people probably do need more time to make travel arrangements, I'd give casual heads-ups ahead of that deadline to anyone who may need extra notice of your wedding.
  • You should still send them out in the 6-8 week time frame.  You could possibly push it to 10 weeks, but that is about it.

You could still send out STDs if you wanted.  STDs are never required but when it comes to holiday weekend weddings (or for those that have to travel), they are definitely helpful.  Of course you could also just start spreading your wedding date via word of mouth just so people are aware.

• I think you can push it to 8-10 weeks, but not before that.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Send them out up to 10 weeks before the wedding. I'd send out STDs since it's a holiday weekend, especially if you have many guests who'll have to make travel arrangements. 

• It is mostly local people and all VIPs have been told word of mouth already. Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards