Just Engaged and Proposals

Any early 20s brides?

Hi! I got engaged about 2 weeks ago now, and I am sooooo excited! Growing up, my first kiss, first boyfriend etc happened in sync with my best friends and it was always so much fun to experience and gush about together. I am beyond happy and I feel very ready but little bits of me wish I could plan and relate with my friends my age about this, so I turn to the internet. I am 22, any other girls around my age? :)

Re: Any early 20s brides?

• Hi @knottie14444090863! I'm also 22...almost 23 and I know what you mean! I don't talk to any of the people I was friends with in high school and my MOH just moved an hour away from me! Congrats on the engagement! My FI proposed to me on July 4th so it's been a couple months but I'm having fun planning everything and picking things out! Have you set a date yet?

• I'm 25! When's your wedding date??
    --Future Mrs. McGee
  • I got engaged in August when I was 23, but I'll just be 25 on my wedding day. Luckily one of my best friends is getting married two months before me so we've been planning together nonstop :)
  • Congrats everyone!! I'm just engaged myself at 23! My fiance is 26, and we've been dating for five years (met in college), have lived together almost that entire time, and felt more than ready! It's definitely a little unnerving when I think about being the first of all my cousins (even though I'm not the oldest) to be engaged - but when I think of and talk to my fiance, everything feels just right. We're taking the planning suuuuuper slow because we want to be in the best place possible financially before diving in, so that's where being a little young comes in handy! ;)
  • I'm 22 and my FI is 24. We'll be 23 and 25 when we get married next year! We've been together for 3 years and we've also lived together the whole time. I'll be the first of my cousins on my dad's side to get married, even though I'm the youngest. But I'll be nearly the last of my maternal cousins to get married. We decided a few months ago that we definitely wanted to get married on Halloween next year, and my family is going nuts already with planning. Congratulations everyone! So great to see more young'uns like us getting hitched! Makes me feel a little better about how young I am. :)
  • When is everyone's dates? @MrsRizzo1031 a Halloween wedding sounds so fun! I didn't want to be engaged for too long...I hate living with my parents...so we're getting married on May 14th of 2016! We're almost to the 6 month mark and it's been exciting to do all the planning! Does anyone else have their dress yet? That was one of the first things I wanted to do and I LOVE the one I picked out!

• I'm 25, but I'll be almost 27 when I get married.
  • I'm 20 and my FI is 23. We are getting married August 6th, 2016!!
  • I'm only 21, he's only 22! We got engaged in August and were high school sweethearts also, but have to wait until he finishes law school to get married, so aiming for 2018. We were the first (and only) out of our group of friends/people our age so I can relate!

Congrats!
  • Law school! That's awesome! What are you studying?
  • I don't have my dress yet, we just chose the venue and date. :) October 1st, 2016, at this really cute ranch that's in the woods with lots of cabins for guests to stay at. I am so stoked! I'm 22 and he's 24, we'll be 23 and 25 when we get married. We're both still really close to our friends from high school, as well as friends from college, but we still haven't met people our age getting married. I know they're out there!
  • Oh that sounds so fun!
  • HELLLO ALLL !!!!!

I am 22 (fresh as of October) and newly engaged and my fiance is 23 (fresh as of August) and we are overly excited about our life together!! 

Wedding Sept. 9 ,2017 (we needed extra time for planning lol ) 
  • ish :smile: we were engaged at 25 and by the time our date comes around we'll be 27. we've been together for coming up on 6 years!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ish :smile: we were engaged at 25 and by the time our date comes around we'll be 27. we've been together for coming up on 6 years!
    Oh sweet! Six years, whoah!
  • mrs.mermaid12mrs.mermaid12 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Its crazy! There are times that its seemed longer then 6 but then flip side of how has it been this long :smiley:  We met early on while at school and have been together since 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm 20 and my fiance is 26! He went back to school to finish his degree and I'm finishing up mine so we plan to get married in the fall of 2017 after we both graduate. By the time our wedding comes around I will be 22 years old!
  • I'm 20 and my fiance is 26! He went back to school to finish his degree and I'm finishing up mine so we plan to get married in the fall of 2017 after we both graduate. By the time our wedding comes around I will be 22 years old!
    Awww! :) What are your degrees in?
  • Engaged at 22. Will be 24 when we get married. (Birthday is this month!)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh and FI is 24 now, will be 25 a week after the wedding. We are getting married in September.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hey, everyone! Congratulations on your engagements and upcoming weddings!!

I'm 22 currently, and my soon-to-officially-be FI is 23. We've been privately engaged and planning to get married for five of the seven years we've been together, and it's finally happening! We're hoping for August 13th, 2016, but it's not set in stone. We'll be 23 and 24 then. If not that date, most likely earlier in the summer. It's great to hear of other brides! We honestly expected to get married years earlier, so I was planning as an even younger bride! But here we are; at least we have some more financial security and stability than we did then. 

I haven't chosen my dress yet. I'm so nervous about it all! I've been planning for years, and I'm still nervous about the planning! :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm 23 but my future hubby is 29.  :smile:
  • I am 24, I'll be 25 on my wedding day! My fiancé is 27 will be 28 on our wedding day! 
  • We are the first out of all of our friends! We are doing a destination wedding in Dominican Republic 
  • I'll be 26 on our wedding day, FI will be 27. I am the one of the last of my high school group to get married, but one of the first ones in our college circles.