No Ring-Bearer!

2»

Re: No Ring-Bearer!

• Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Teddy917 said:
    RlovesR said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Some people have their rings carried by a pet. Love the idea, super cute, but we don't have a dog.
    For a number of reasons I think that however cute this is, it's not a good idea. I don't recommend it.
    I think this is actually really cruel.  You've got an animal in an unfamiliar environment that's probably already stressed out by waiting with the WP for the processional.  It's being walked down an aisle by an unfamiliar or less familiar person since its owners are busy getting married.  Lots of people staring, some of them probably making 'aww' noises and or whatever, and then it sees its people at the end the aisle and is expected to just walk slowly towards them?  And be taken away from them after?  My dog would come barreling down the aisle at me, probably knock me over, and then be bereft if he had to go at that point.  Why would I do that to him just for a cute photo op?
     This depends entirely on the dog. 

A family dog dog walked by the brides sister? Probably fine.
    A small outdoor ceremony with plenty of space to play during the reception, and where the dog knows most attendees? No worse than bringing the pup to a family BBQ. 
    A well socialized dog, like you would likely find in dog parks in big cities like NYC? She's probably chill with anyone around. 

For my mom's dog it would be cruel - she's part Australian Sheppard, and has all the anxiety & attachment issues typical of that breed. But for the Westie we had growing up, it wouldn't be. Just know your dog. 
    you're probably right; it may depend on the animal.  I've got a greyhound; no way he could deal.
    But you also have to consider guests that may be allergic or absolutely terrified of dogs.
    Not to mention that the dogs may sniff, lick, or bite guests, urinate or defecate when and where they're not supposed to, and may run off with, scratch, swallow, or otherwise lose the rings.

While it could be argued that kids might do most of these things as well, I think kids are easier to predict and control in this situation than dogs.
    Not this again... Jen4948 you got your ass handed to you last time you argued this on a different post a few months ago, pretty much everyone said you were being ridiculous. We get it you don't like dogs or small children.

We had a dog as our ring bearer and it was great, he was happy, his parents were happy not having to leave him with a stranger to watch him, all the other guests have seen and played with him at some point prior.  Know your dog, know your guests, and make an educated decision.
    Excuse me, but the bolded is bull fucking shit.

First of all, you have no right to tell me how to post or what opinions to express.  I have as much right to voice my opinion as you do whether or not you think it's "ridiculous" or anything else. 

The fact that it worked for you does not make it a good idea in general.  There are valid reasons why.  I don't give a fuck if you think they are "ridiculous."  You have no right to expect everyone to agree with you.
    It's not BS, anyone can look at either of our discussion histories and see that there was a heated discussion a few months ago where you were telling a poor girl how cruel she was being and kept making up ridiculous scenarios on what could happen. Pretty sure I'm the one who pointed out that children can do all of those things you claimed dogs do. Then you started saying that it means that she hates her guests and would rather have a dog present then guests. Many people told you how ridiculous you were being. According to TOS I can't link it here for people to see but you know it's true.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me and you have no right to expect everyone to agree with you either. I'm pointing out it worked fine in my scenario to let people know it is an option. You're the one hellbent in telling people it's not a good idea in general. Well I disagree I think it's great to include them when possible. Accept that different opinion. It's not cruel unless you make it a cruel situation.

I feel as though I should comment here because we determined that I have met and am familiar with all the dogs ever. And my expert opinion is that dogs should always be in every ceremony. Bonus points if there's wagons involved too. Don't have a dog? Borrow one from a friend or shelter. It will 100% of the time work out totally fine.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • AddieCake said:
    I'm wondering why it's only Jen who got reamed over saying she doesn't like dogs in wedding parties when other people, including me,  also said it. She was also much more polite and gave reasons in her post regarding it, whereas I straight up said I judge the hell out of it. 

To me, judging it is much different than Jen's stance of "dogs are always wrong all the time". I judge dogs in weddings too but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible for a dog to be in a wedding without shitting all over or biting someone.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited December 2015
    AddieCake said:

I'm wondering why it's only Jen who got reamed over saying she doesn't like dogs in wedding parties when other people, including me,  also said it. She was also much more polite and gave reasons in her post regarding it, whereas I straight up said I judge the hell out of it. 

Because Jen logic and Addie logic are on different planes, in different universes, light years apart, that require a wrinkle in time to access the reason and discord therefore within.

Also, you haven't shown yourself to be anti wagon. How do you feel about wagons?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• For the record, I'm generally not a fan of dogs in weddings AND I'm anti-wagon.  But I'm meh on the junior bridesmaid title issue and I'm generally pro-children.  

• I'm wondering why it's only Jen who got reamed over saying she doesn't like dogs in wedding parties when other people, including me,  also said it. She was also much more polite and gave reasons in her post regarding it, whereas I straight up said I judge the hell out of it. 
    Because Jen logic and Addie logic are on different planes, in different universes, light years apart, that require a wrinkle in time to access the reason and discord therefore within. Also, you haven't shown yourself to be anti wagon. How do you feel about wagons?
    LOL Often, that is indeed true. 

What about wagons? Kids being pulled in them at weddings? I'm anti that. I'm anti any kid in a wedding who can't get down the aisle on his or her own and doesn't have some clue about what's happening. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards