Wedding Party

Hashtags

My bridal party is hell-bent on a hashtag for my wedding.. I think it's silly. They already created one, a really dumb one, and posted it on social media..

Clearly they're not letting up. Any cute hashtags out there?

Re: Hashtags

• Hashtags and cute are two words that rarely go together.

• Yeah, nobody is forcing you to use one if you don't like them. Just simply don't. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My bridal party is hell-bent on a hashtag for my wedding.. I think it's silly. They already created one, a really dumb one, and posted it on social media..

Clearly they're not letting up. Any cute hashtags out there?

If you think the idea is silly, then why do you care that they chose a dumb one? As long as you don't find it offensive, just let it go and let them do it.
  • I'm in a minority here but I like wedding hashtags because I both love wedding photos and Instagram. Having the tag makes it so easy to find other guests' photos. (Didn't have a tag for my own wedding though.)
    So that said, just try combinations of your first names or last names or your married name with the word wedding or marriage. Make sure it's a) easy enough to remember and B) not linking to other random stuff -or other couples- on Insta. (Tags work on FB too just not as well with privacy, of course.)

But if you don't want one at all? Don't publicize it, don't use it. But sounds like in OPs case that you'll have to be OK with your friends posting lots of photos. Not everyone is alright with that.

• If they already made one and you think they're unnecessary why do you want another one?
  • @PamBeesly524I was looking for ideas to give them to replace the awful ones they've created since they're going to post these things whether I like it or not.

Like I said, I think it's silly, but it's not the end of the world. 
  • OP, what's your FI s name?
  • lnixon8 said:
    #nocakeforyou
    DEAD!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @PamBeesly524I was looking for ideas to give them to replace the awful ones they've created since they're going to post these things whether I like it or not.

Like I said, I think it's silly, but it's not the end of the world. 
    Seriously?  You told the you don't like hashtags and don't want to do it and they did anyway?  What kind of friends do you have?  And how old are they?
  • #newyearnewfriends

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards