Attire & Accessories Forum

Which dress?

I went dress shopping today and found two dresses I really like. The first was my favorite. It's simple and more of what I originally pictured. The second was the group's favorite. In the moment I thought I liked the second dress more than the first but looking at the pictures, I just don't know! I'm going to one more store tomorrow but I'd love your opinions on these two :)

Re: Which dress?

• I went dress shopping today and found two dresses I really like. The first was my favorite. It's simple and more of what I originally pictured. The second was the group's favorite. In the moment I thought I liked the second dress more than the first but looking at the pictures, I just don't know! I'm going to one more store tomorrow but I'd love your opinions on these two :)

You look happier in the second one, IMO and that's most important. They're both very similar in cut and shape so they're both beautiful. I think if you can't decide go with which one you feel happier in or which one mimics your personal style best. The first dress would be nice with a bold necklace and a glammed up belt. The second one is more girly and would need minimal jewelry.
  • They are both beautiful, but I love texture so the second one gets my vote.  That shade is lovely with your skin too.
  • That is a tough choice because you look great in both.  I am slightly leaning towards the second.

• If you love both, you really can't go wrong. I prefer the second.

• They are both beautiful and you look great in both! I love the lace appliques on the second but that is my style. It depends on what type of accessories you want. I agree with the PP who said the first one would look amazing with a sparkly belt and some chandelier earrings. The second would look great with more understated jewelry and maybe a lace veil.

• I actually really love the first one. But you look fantastic in both. 
  • Thanks for the responses everyone! I was actually pretty disappointed most of you responded that you preferred the second one, which obviously gives me my answer!

• Thanks for the responses everyone! I was actually pretty disappointed most of you responded that you preferred the second one, which obviously gives me my answer!
    Just remember that your dress is one of the few things that you alone have to love.  You can consider others when picking out your venue, food, entertainment, whatever.  This particular choice is all about you!

And both of them are stunning, so if you prefer the first one then you'll still look gorgeous at your wedding. 
  • I love the first one actually, was just going off of your face in the pictures.  

You have your answer, congrats - you chose a dress:).
  • I adore the first dress on you!
  • you look great in both, I prefer the second one slightly more. 
  • I like the one without the appliques - I think that is the first one? (the pictures aren't quite working on mine)
  • I can't believe you didn't AW on NEY. :( We all feel so left out now.

FWIW, I love both dresses. You have a much bigger and more genuine looking smile on your face in the lace dress than the other one. I think the lace dress makes you look smaller in the bodice somehow? I'm not sure why, but you look gorgeous in both and I don't think you could go wrong either way.

• Girl, whatever you feel more comfortable in!! I was all over the place. Once they put me in a veil with each dress I was able to pin point which details I loved and hated. Don't commit just yet if you're not 100% sold. Honestly. Did they help you pick and choose? I had the woman help me because I was SO indecisive. I tried on every single style they had, low and behold, 12 dresses later and many re-try ons, they put a veil on and I chose my dress. Make sure you LOVE it. Don't just settle!! Good Luck to you!
  • @labro - I wanted to wait till I had gone to all the stores to AW on NEY! I actually think both of these dresses are out after today but this post did help me realize I really need to go with my opinion and today's shopping was a lot more productive than yesterday

• @labro - I wanted to wait till I had gone to all the stores to AW on NEY! I actually think both of these dresses are out after today but this post did help me realize I really need to go with my opinion and today's shopping was a lot more productive than yesterday
    So wait, is there a new dress to vote one?!?!  *sayyessayyessayyes*
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    The second!

ETA: Wait....new dress? Pics!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm late in the game, you can't go wrong with either though.  I agree on the 2nd  choice with the  lace appliques.  

• 2nd dress, hands down.
  • I'm such a tulle fan so I love the first gown but I agree with PPs, the second one wins out. It's such a beautiful pattern and you look gorgeous!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Haha just saw your comment, don't know how I missed it! Then YAY I'm glad you like the first one because I just love that tulle!!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's beautiful and you look so happy in it!  Congratulations on finding your dress!
  • Beautiful choice!
  • Great choice, Beth!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Oh I love that!

• Beautiful!  You look so happy! :smiley: 
  • The one you picked blows the other 2 away.  You look amazing - congrats!!  And ditto PP, you look ecstatic!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards