Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Something Blue?

Curious what kinds of items others incorporated to fulfill the "something blue" ingredient, if you chose to follow this tradition. I would like to have something, but will want it subtle (my colors will be olive green, peach, and champagne). 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Something Blue?

• Curious what kinds of items others incorporated to fulfill the "something blue" ingredient, if you chose to follow this tradition. I would like to have something, but will want it subtle (my colors will be olive green, peach, and champagne). 
    I wore blue shoes.
  • Blue shoes and sapphire necklace/earrings. But our colors were different shades of blue.
  • I painted my toenails blue.

• Oh and my seamstress used "tiffany" blue ribbons to be used to tie my bustle.

• Blue polish on my toenails.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The soles of my shoes were blue. 
    --

• There was blue in my Auburn garter
  • I'm probably going blue shoes (comfortable flats) but I really like the blue toe nail polish idea now.

• edited December 2015
    I painted my toe nails blue. My accessories were all purple so I wanted to keep the blue a little more "secret" and Zoya's Dream was the perfect toe color. In fact, it's still on my toes because for how often I do my nails I can't be assed to do my toes ever.
  • I love the blue toe nail polish idea! And it's fun to hear all the different stories!

• Blue underwear
    Blue shoes
    And my e-ring is a sapphire.

My friend painted her toenails blue (fingernails were a more neutral colour). 
  • The soles of my shoes were blue. 

Same here! I also have a blue sapphire engagement ring so there's that.

• I wore blue underwear :) and also wore my birthstone ring, which is blue topaz.

• Blue topaz earrings, which is also my birthstone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TNDancer said:
    There was blue in my Auburn garter
    Even though we aren't doing a toss, I am having a blue ribbon on my garter.

I REALLY wanted to get blue shoes, but they wouldn't look good with my dress. 
  • Moppet82 said:
    TNDancer said:
    There was blue in my Auburn garter
    Even though we aren't doing a toss, I am having a blue ribbon on my garter.

I REALLY wanted to get blue shoes, but they wouldn't look good with my dress. 
    No, we didn't do a toss either, kinda icky. He did get to do the sexy garter removal in our hotel room though.
  • I went with blue underwear 
  • @TNDancer Where did you get your garter from? I am looking for an Auburn one.
  • I just bought blue suede heels yesterday. They're Katie and Kelly's from DSW and actually comfortable!
  • @TNDancer Where did you get your garter from? I am looking for an Auburn one.

I just got them off etsy. It was a two pack (so you can throw one and keep one) and was only about 20 dollars. I only wore one.
  • After thinking about everything, I'm leadning towards wearing light blue (almost periwinkle) and silver earrings that my grandmother left me. That way I'd get something old and something borrowed also bundled in there! :)

• My hair is blue (and green) and I plan on having it this color for my wedding-- my colors are gold, champagne, and cranberry.

• My "something blue" was a piece of my dad's shirt sewn into my dress, underneath the hem 
  • Love this thread. I was also wondering about this as I am worried blue underwear would show through my dress. I saw  dyeable flats at DB  but I don't know if I want  blue satin shoes. I know I'm overthinking all this because I can't decide. 
  • Mine will be my shoes, but my mother also sent me the garter she wore when getting married to my father, which is white with a blue ribbon, so I might wear that as well (something borrowed?)
  • My upper thigh when I tried on a garter. Maybe I could do that on the big day :p

• My upper thigh when I tried on a garter. Maybe I could do that on the big day :p
    I was thinking about a bottle Blue WKD and a packet of Regal Kingsize cigarettes?  (The cigarettes would also be my something new.)

And for something borrowed MOH, FI and I are going 'choring' (shoplifting) the morning of...

Sorry if you are not Scottish you will probably have no idea what I'm on about!

Well really I'm wearing a piece of my late Mothers wedding dress (it's blue) sewn into my dress.  For my sister I gave her Bali currency (also blue) tied with a blue ribbon. 
  • edited January 2016

My upper thigh when I tried on a garter. Maybe I could do that on the big day :p

I was thinking about a bottle Blue WKD and a packet of Regal Kingsize cigarettes?  (The cigarettes would also be my something new.)

And for something borrowed MOH, FI and I are going 'choring' (shoplifting) the morning of...

Sorry if you are not Scottish you will probably have no idea what I'm on about!

Well really I'm wearing a piece of my late Mothers wedding dress (it's blue) sewn into my dress.  For my sister I gave her Bali currency (also blue) tied with a blue ribbon. 

-----------

Erm, excuse me but I will have my blue wkd in a silver hip flask and just steal my regal from guests when I get to about 9pm. Cos I'm a klassy bride, yeah?

p.s I don't know the term choring! Either we are from different parts of Scotland (I'm thinking you are not exactly central west) or I've not lived there for too.long!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards