Connecticut

Budget friendly wedding venues

We are working on a very tight budget (under 10k) and we have not been successful in finding a place that is budget friendly (with or without catering included) that look nice and someone that works for us. We are having less than 65 people attending the wedding. Are there any suggestions for budget friendly places that people have had experienced with that can be recommended? I am feeling very deflated. Thanks everyone!

Re: Budget friendly wedding venues

• When we were looking, we came across a couple banquet halls that weren't terribly priced at all...one was Testa's and the other was Krystal Gardens...they aren't super fancy, but still nice places with great food(I've been to many events at Testa's and everything I had read about Krystal Gardens remarked on how great their food was!) they can both be done for about $55-$65 a person with buffet or sit down including an open bar...maybe check them out? We ultimately went with a different place and when all is said and done we'll probably end up more in the 12k range but we considered both of those!
  • We are at the Simsbury 1820 House and they are sister venues with the Simsbury Inn. $46 a person.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • KnotConciergeKnotConcierge Venue Concierge
    First Comment
    Hi ladies!

I noticed you're chatting about wedding venues and I think I can help! The Knot has recently launched this amazing new service called Venue Concierge, this is a free service that helps brides like you find their dream wedding venue.

We have experts in each city that will work one on one with you and recommend gorgeous venues in your area. Jennifer is our Connecticut expert, and she would love to help you! Feel free to email her directly at jennh@theknot.com or head over to theknot.com/concierge for more info.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and best of luck!!

XO,
    Molly

• Did you find your venue yet?
  • Have you considered restaurants as a potential option for a reception venue?  Some places require a food and beverage minimum and can be under your budget.  When I was searching for my venue I wanted to have it at Barcelona in South Norwalk.  It didn't end up working out for us because our guest list grew but it is certainly reasonable for 65 guests.  Time of year will also impact the F&B minimum.  Just a thought....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards