Connecticut

Wedding Venue

Hi. Can anyone recommend me a wedding venue near the water and is can you give me an idea of the cost per guest pls.? 
Thanks.

Re: Wedding Venue

• I forgot to mention. I am new here. HELLO to all of you. :smile: 
  • Welcome!  What area of the state are you looking in?  There are definitely a lot of shore line venues in CT at different price points. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you @laurad75 Just moved to Greenwich. Most of my family is from Fairfield and his family is from Westchester so anywhere in between should work. 
  • There is the Inn at Longshore in Westport which is gorgeous.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you again.  @laurad75 (I think you and me are the only one's here)  ... I just joined. I guess, I am just too excited. lol.
    (I will check into that venue now)
  • lol...the CT board is a little quiet so when I got engaged I literally read every post on the board's history.  I learned a lot and got some great recommendations on vendors.  I found my DJ and photographer based on great reviews I read on the board.

When you are working on more general details like choosing your invitations and music the international boards are much busier.  I highly recommend 'lurking' on those boards to get a sense of the tone and you can find a lot of answers by searching the boards.  I'm happy you're here and planning with us!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm here! What about Jones Winery in Shelton? Do they do weddings? I don't even know.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm here! What about Jones Winery in Shelton? Do they do weddings? I don't even know.
    They don't host private events there unfortunately.  I wanted to consider that location since I grew up in Shelton and went to the farm a lot as a child.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aw. My FI's family is from Shelton too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Not sure if New Haven is too far but we are having our reception at Anthony's Ocean View in New Haven. We have heard only great things about the venue and staff and it is stunning. It's right on the beach and they plant palm trees (nice, not tacky).. I think the range is about $120-$200 pp but they have a huge variety of packages and add-ons so it's hard to say.
  • Thank you ladies. I am so excited and will look into all those venues. 
  • We booked the Shore and Country Club in Norwalk.  We found it by chance because it really doesn't come up in most general searches.  It is right on the water with great views.  The space is full of windows so you will have a water view on every side facing the water.  They are reasonably priced and are very flexible.  Here is the link to the website: http://www.shoreandcountryclub.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp
  • @Bee1218 looks beautiful. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards