Chit Chat

Christmas presents

2»

Re: Christmas presents

• Love all the posts :) 

At my FILs' house, FH got a beard trimmer kit (which had a rusty blade... will be returning...) and jointly we got a laser printer, money to Target, and pool toys and towels. I got some earrings and a gift card to Ulta.
    try and get one with a vacuum.  While it's not prefect, it does cut down on the amount of trimmings around the sink.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • This is such a fun post :) Merry belated Christmas to all of you ladies!

All DH wanted was to have his pilot's license blown up and put on a plaque to hang in his office. So I got him that and a couple of shirts. The plaque turned out gorgeous!! I was really pleased to find that it was worth the money.

DH got me a pair of Chaco boots that I really wanted. My mom got me some cute clothes and jewelry, and my brother got me earrings.

• Merry Belated Christmas! :) 

I got FI a shirt, lounge pants, chocolates and 2 show tickets to Vegas (for both of us).  He got me a nice pair of earrings (guy can pick out jewelry, never been disappointed yet!) and a neat 3D duvet cover.

I got a TV on Black Friday from my parents and then opened some clothes, kitchen gadgets, books, and other knickknacks. 

I don't have kids of my own, but I facetimed with my nieces when they opened their gifts from me, and it totally warmed my heart. 

• H and I don't really exchange gifts. Every year he gets a gift card to his tattoo place because they give you an extra $25 for every $50 you spend in gift cards between thanksgiving and Christmas, so that pays for his tattoos all year.

And like a week ago I broke our old-ass laptop so we'll have to replace that. :/

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • DH gave me a beautiful necklace (an Italian cross pendant with diamonds). I have him some sweaters and a 5 quart Le Crueset braising pan. We gave our daughter and her husband money for dinner and an excursion while they are on their honeymoon and some little stuff. I was hoping to get a picture from the wedding from them but didn't. Guess I'll have to order it myself. Oldest son gave us a future daughter-in-law! That was a great present. We gave them some clothes and hiking gear. Youngest son gave me a calendar and passed all his classes at college this semester!!!  He got speakers for his computer and some clothes.
  • H & I only exchanged stocking stuffers.  Limit of $20 each.  Our true gift to each other will be a nice dinner out.

I got H an air popper for popcorn, fancy popcorn kernels, popcorn seasoning, and chocolate covered salt water taffy.  H got me a framed photo of us from one of our trips and some candles. 

@lyndausvi chefscatalog.com is going out of business and a lot of stuff is on sale.  They might have some high end knives or other gadgets your H may want/need.  I am looking to get one of the air fryers, but hoping they go a little cheaper before they sell out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards