Getting in Shape

IIFYM

I'm starting this as my new diet regimen tomorrow! Does anyone have any experience, tips, advice, or just want to do it with me? :)

Re: IIFYM

• I'm trying IIFYM! Im starting out with Maintenance macros until the new year and then I'm going to start cutting slowly. I've heard that's the best way to do it so that your body gets used to having the same macros everyday before you start trying to cut.
  • Yay that is great! Let me know how it goes for you!! For me (esp since I'm vegetarian) it's just meant eating wayyy more protein, and it actually does seem to diminish hunger pangs and regulate appetite a bunch. I've only been doing it for a little over a week though. 
  • Hi @Knottie1443143973 I've never heard of IIFYM. What is it all about? Looking to start something Jan 1.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • There's a pretty good intro to it here: http://www.trimmedandtoned.com/beginners-guide-to-iifym/ 

Basically, I've tried a bunch of calorie-counting diets, but IFFYM focuses on making sure you get the right balance of macronutrients on top of staying within calorie limits. For me, that means eating way more protein and fats than I've been used to (I'm such a carb lover!). 

I'm excited for Jan 1st too! Always nice to feel like you're starting with a clean slate :) 
  • That sounds like something that would work for me too! Thanks for the info! I'll read up on it :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards