Destination Weddings Discussions

Review - Paradisus Palma Real Wedding - Punta Cana - May 2015

Hi Ladies! We just had our wedding at Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana on May 17th! Oh my gosh I can't tell you how fast the day flew by! I can't believe I'm back home already thinking about preserving my dress. So sad :( I want to do it all over again.

I just want to let you know this resort was fabulous. The wedding coordinator team there does such a wonderful job. I didn't have to stress at all! They had everything under control. We only had around 15 guests. Everyone had a great time. Everyone booked through Beach Bum Vacation. They also did a great job. My dad almost didn't get his passport in time and they were able to book him at the last minute. My husband and I also changed our room over to the Reserve side and there were no problems at all. I would definitely recommend staying at the Reserve if you get married here. It is quieter over there, way more romantic. We were able to get away from the family when we wanted to. We had booked a swim up suite originally and they upgraded us when we got there to a master swim up suite. The room was larger than our condo. We had a jacuzzi inside and a jacuzzi on our patio. Two person shower. Enough said. I actually cried when I walked in and saw it.

We did the Chill Out Chic package which basically included the ceremony, reception, hair and makeup, etc. We didn't have a cocktail hour but it really wasn't necessary. We booked the suggested photographer, Tropic One Studio. The pictures were so beautiful they don't even look real. We also booked their DJ. He was also awesome. He played most of the songs we requested and even the songs he played on his own were great. Everyone was dancing the entire night. The food and cake were delicious. We had the option to move the reception because there was a 30-40% chance of rain. We did move it and it turned out to be even nicer than the original location. It did end up raining for a little while too so at least our cake wasn't ruined!

I had my hair and makeup done at the YHI Spa. She spoke little English but it didn't really matter. I don't think I've ever looked so beautiful. They also do a great job.

The resort overall is definitely 5 stars. We ate at all the restaurants. The only one we didn't like was the steakhouse, Rare. I thought the beach would have been a little bit nicer. There was a lot of seaweed and the water wasn't as blue as I was expecting. I think the ocean in Cancun/Riviera Maya was a little more blue. It's still nice just to lay out on the beach. The pools were fantastic. It was always easy to get a drink. There were a lot of kids in the pool over at the Paradisus...another reason why I recommend the Reserve. The Reserve side has its own kid pool so they pretty much stay out of the main pool.

If anyone has any questions about the resort please feel free to ask!

Re: Review - Paradisus Palma Real Wedding - Punta Cana - May 2015

• Thank you for this!  I am visiting the resort in 2 weeks for my 'Love at first site' visit and hope to book for November 2016!

Questions - who was your planner? was your reception moved to the Fuego restaurant?  I am hoping to book that as well :)
  • Thank you so much for this post! I am getting married there in May 2016 & I was nervous about the makeup! you looked so beautiful.
  • OP has not been active since June...

• Hi there,
    I am looking into this resort for my wedding. Do you mind me asking how much your guests paid to stay at this resort during your stay?
    Thank you in advance.
  • Hi there,
    I am looking into this resort for my wedding. Do you mind me asking how much your guests paid to stay at this resort during your stay?
    Thank you in advance.
    OP is long gone.  Check the date before you post.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • the OP was last active on January 9, so she may still check this post. However, it's probably best to send the OP a PM, as she will get a notification that someone has a question.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards