Budget Weddings Forum

Philadelphia, Dress under $1000

brianne6brianne6 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2015 in Budget Weddings Forum
Hello everyone! 

I am on the search for a wedding dress under $1,000 and am having a difficult time finding bridal salons that even carry dresses for under $1,000. I am hoping to make an appointment at The Sample Rack, but does anyone have any other suggestions of places that have dresses for under $1,000 near or in Philadelphia? 

Re: Philadelphia, Dress under $1000

• This is an international board, try the local Philly board.

I purchased my gown at Macy's Bridal at the Cherry Hill Mall.  They did have gowns for under 1k.  You may want to call and see that they still do.  It's been 4 years since I purchased my gown.  They also frequently have trunk shows which will have the entire bridal salon on sale for 20% off.  They exclusively sell Demetrios bridal gowns, so look on their website for the trunk show schedule.  Your BM will also get 20% off their gowns during a trunk show and they feature many other BM dress brands.

Also look to David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo, and I'm not sure of pricing but always heard good things about Nordstrom's wedding  department.  I think they have one in KOP.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    Also, the style of dress you choose is a big factor in price.  Lace is very expensive!  Simple A-line dresses will usually be more cost friendly than elaborate ball gowns.
    Other manufacturers that may have dresses in your price range include Alfred Angelo, DaVinci, Mori Lee.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • If your total budget is $1000, you need to remember to take out some for the costs of undergarments, headpiece/tiara/veil, and alterations (which can double the cost in some cases easily!).  Your operating budget is actually closer to $600 with $150 flex if it fits perfectly and only needs a bustle.  Most upper end bridal salons aren't going to have options in that price point.  David's is your best "go-to" option, as are thrift stores, consignment stores, and with prom season coming up, prom stores!  Stores like Bloomingdales, Macy's, and Nordstroms also carry a bridal line so may be worth checking into. 

• Another option would be to widen your search and just look at dresses, not specifically "wedding" dresses. Many of the stores MesmrEwe listed also carry bridesmaid dresses that you can get in white which will save you quite a bit of money. 
  • The bridal expo in Philly is this weekend. You may want to check that out.
  • Thanks for your help! I have 2 appointments booked, David's Bridal and Group USA for this weekend! 
  • I found a pattern that just happened to be my absolute fantasy dress and then bought white velvet (again a fantasy of mine) and had the dress made.  The dressmaker I found through a local bridal shop.  I think my total price was about $1200 and I had the dress of my dreams.  It's worth looking into, and I probably paid a relatively high price for the labor because velvet is difficult to work with. 
  • Have you considered coming into Delaware? The DE David's Bridal should be about 30 minutes from you if that's an option and there's no sales tax. I'd also consider looking at white or ivory bridesmaid or prom/evening gowns. I assumed the BM or evening gowns wouldn't look "bridal" enough but there are some gorgeous options out there.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards