Re: 'Tis Wednesday

• Options
    @labro - You = 

• Options
    @swazzle - Seriously adorable outfit! 

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @labro - You = 

I think @minskat30 wins. I definitely DO NOT have weekly hour and half long sessions with my H where we talk about money. That sounds like torture.

I seriously want an agenda example though because the adult in me says this is probably a good idea.

• Options
    @minskat30 I believe it's a Canadian show, but the host Gail Vaz-Oxlade is really good. Her site has the same budget as she uses on the show, you could send him there and he can enjoy ;)
    Finance attorney, odd question what does that entail? Do you chase people down for unpaid support, etc etc?
  • Options
    @labro yeah I don't know if he's thought about this stuff as much as I have, but I think it'll be the best option for us. I want to pay off our student debt and buy a house before we have kids so we will see how that turns out lol
  • Options
    @minskat30 - Thank you :smile: 

• Options
    @labro - Ha!  It IS torture...especially when you are KU and can't have a glass of wine during the discussion.  I do not lie...H comes to the table with handwritten agendas in his chicken scratch.  I couldn't find too many examples that didn't have personal info all over them but here is an example of a home business discussion outline.

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger - Ha, no I would hate to deal with personal finance issues in my job or tracking people down for support.  You asked but, fair warning, my job is boring.  I essentially review all of the financial and legal documentation surrounding large business investments my company makes and give advice on the legal documents/structure, negotiate the documents/structure, develop a legal strategy for the investment and sometimes offer advice on the viability of the business (though this is more in the wheel house of the investment analyst on the team for each investment).  If the investment goes sour, I get involved in all aspects of the workout/restructuring of the business, both out of court and in court if there is a formal bankruptcy/restructuring scheme.   
  • Options
    minskat30 said:
    @MissKittyDanger - Ha, no I would hate to deal with personal finance issues in my job or tracking people down for support.  You asked but, fair warning, my job is boring.  I essentially review all of the financial and legal documentation surrounding large business investments my company makes and give advice on the legal documents/structure, negotiate the documents/structure, develop a legal strategy for the investment and sometimes offer advice on the viability of the business (though this is more in the wheel house of the investment analyst on the team for each investment).  If the investment goes sour, I get involved in all aspects of the workout/restructuring of the business, both out of court and in court if there is a formal bankruptcy/restructuring scheme.   
    Sometimes I think we live the same life. This is basically my job too....except I'm not a fancy pants lawyer. :)

• Options
    @labro - Pshaw, it is just a degree (and a lot of money to pay for said degree) nothing more.  I love that you have the same job as me though I feel your pain on so many levels as far as what that means for time commitment and stress management (or non-management of stress, as the case may be).    
  • Options
    @labro - I guess you can sometimes see that early.  The PA just told me that my Dr. likes to "have fun" and start checking early.  So I said, "cool".  I feel like I should probably know more, but I just DNW to spend a bunch of time and energy researching stuff at this point.  My doctor will take care of me, so I'm just along for the ride.  Sort of.  :)
  • Options
    minskat30 said:
    Lol bolded is what I do - well not me personally because I'm not a Trustee but you get the point!

Hardly boring! I've never known that was a lawyer involvement to that degree. I knew legal personnel were involved but at what level.
  • Options
    @Swazzle - I love the outfit!
    @minskat30 - You are much more adultier than me, I looked at that agenda and just thought I have no idea what that could possibly even mean! FI and I do talk about budget but we should probably have more serious discussions about it than we currently do. He's taking a fairly significant pay cut if he gets into graduate school so we really need to look at how that will impact our finances.
    @500days - I love my Kindle Fire! I didn't think I would because I didn't really want a tablet but it's awesome and I use it all the time!
    @caseface5 - I hope you start feeling better soon!
    --------------------------------------------
    Today is pretty similar to yesterday. I had coffee and breakfast with FI this morning, then sent him off to work. Now I'm starting to think about what I want to get done today but I'm not really feeling motivated.

Unrelated sidenote: My brother told me he is going to propose to his girlfriend soon. I really don't think it's a good idea. Both of them just graduated and don't have jobs yet and he's still waiting to find out if/where he got into law school for the fall. Obviously, I didn't say any of this to him because it's their lives and they can do what they want but I know she's really pressuring him into proposing and didn't even want him to go to law school in the first place so they could get married and start having kids ASAP, so I wonder if he really feels ready or just pressured into it.

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - That dress is so pretty! I love the sleeves!

• Options
    @KeptInStitches That dress looks amazing on you! 
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches You look great!!!

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - Whooo hooo, lady.  Nice dress!  Love it on you.

@bethsmiles - Yikes to your brother, just yikes.  I do NOT recommend trying to plan a wedding in the middle of law school either.  So many couples I knew in law school broke up because of the pressure of school alone.  I am also not the best adult.  I roll my eyes at H and his budget talks way more than I should...even though he is a little psycho about them.  
  • Options
  • Options
    @minskat30 - I do hope they can make it. I really like his girlfriend, she even came dress shopping with me! I'm just worried that if they rush it, everything will blow up in their faces. But, again, not my life so I would never actually voice any of these concerns to them. And, yeah I would think planning a wedding during law school would be insane!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards