Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Last dance song

What is the norm in regards to the song for the last dance? Is is a slow type song or more upbeat, fast dance? What did or are you using?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Last dance song

• I did  a upbeat song to end the night, with the second to last being a slow song.  Our last song was Michael Franti, Say Hey.  I didn't want to go with something so typically...last dance, I've had the time of my life, etc.   and saw that posted somewhere and thought it would be good.
  • We got all the slow dances out of the way early on and the rest was an upbeat party. We ended on "Glad you came" by the Wanted, we also had more of a younger crowd so that played a part into it as well. 
  • I've seen Don't Stop Belivin a lot.  That song along with Friends in Low Places tend to have large groups all put arms around each other in a circle and sway/dance toether.
  • Ours was supposed to be "Club Can't Handle Me Right Now." The DJ even announced "last song" before he played it. Then, he also played "Unforgettable" which was supposed to be played at another point in the evening. It worked out in the end since we had a lot of couples who stuck around, but I would have also been happy just to have it end with a fast song.
  • Low Places is a good one! FI and I were thinking about using that song because it just fits our laid back, goofy, fun loving, always there for you crowd.
  • Im doing "Ive had the time of my life" i thought it would be a great end of the night song :)
  • "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen
  • We're doing "Bye Bye Bye" by N'Sync. 
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are having don't stop believing by Journey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I are going to use "Don't You Wanna Stay" by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson
  • We did Faithfully by Journey.  For some reason Journey is pretty popular for last songs in our circles.  We usually like to do things a little differently but this one definitely fit us.

• Eddie Money- "Take me home tonight" was ours!

• So I just saw this at a wedding; the last dance song was actually the couples first dance song. It was pretty special to them so at the end of the night everyone got to dance to it with them. It was something a little different, but was really sweet.
  • Our wedding is next December so we're doing Baby It's Cold Outside.
  • Scottish weddings end with everyone up joining hands to either of two songs - auld lang syne or caledonia, with the bride and groom in the middle (sometimes their families too) and everyone rushes in and out at them, and quite often they end up on friends shoulders while they do it. Actually sounds a bit odd when you write it down but its really fun!

• @glasgowtolondon my sister just got married and while they did not do these traditional songs they DID have the last song of the evening incorporate everyone as you described. They stood in the center while everyone else held hands around them and rushed in and out around them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards